µTorrent Mac 1.8.4 stable!

vadimt

[re] (1.8.4 build 29978).

An error message appears when attempting to open the .dmg file saying (not recognised).

MBP

OS X 10.8.4

Same here except I'm still on 10.6.8. Couldn't open 29446 or 29682 either...

But that's okay cos I'm fully satisfied with 29330. I guess i'll stick to this one or to 28815...

After downloading the Mac client of uTorrent from the website (1.8.4 build 29978). An error message appears when attempting to open the .dmg file saying (not recognised).

Chang the file extension from .dmg to .pkg, and open the PKG installer.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I just updated to the latest 1.8.4 build 35014. It works fine so far, however I noticed that after every restart of the app under settings the option for automatic checks for updates is activated again, even though I disabled it. I prefer checking for updates manually and doing such things myself, so could you make sure, that disabling this option works again? Luckily 1.8.4 build 29971 works fine under Yosemite for me, so I downgraded for now, but would love to stay current ;-)

"Automatically check for updates" does not mean "automatically download and install updates without asking" in my book.

What's more, after restoring the previous version, carefully unticking "automatically check for updates" and double-checking that it remained so, the silent update happened again. In the new version "automatically check..." magically reticks itself after being unticked.

True, but on the other hand the change log mentioned "silent updates" as a new feature, something I always want to be turned off because I like being in control of my machine.

I can't see where to turn off the silent updates. If it's not possible to turn them off I shall stop using uTorrent as a matter of principle. It's a pity because I've never been satisfied with any of the alternatives, but some things are completely unacceptable. Any software company should understand that. 

"Automatically check for updates" does not mean "automatically download and install updates without asking" in my book.

What's more, after restoring the previous version, carefully unticking "automatically check for updates" and double-checking that it remained so, the silent update happened again. In the new version "automatically check..." magically reticks itself after being unticked.

I can't see where to turn off the silent updates. If%

Archived