uTorrent 3.3 (build 29126, 32-bit) crashes my internet

ph

Hello everybody,

I followed the overall instructions from this http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/connection-setup guide and, still, after some minutes (around 5) my internet becomes dead after statring uTorrent and downloading any torrent. Here is a summary of what I did:

1) Verified there are 2 uTorrent entries in the "Inbound Rules" from Windows Firewall (UDP and TCP). Slightly modified them so that my static IP would be included under the "Scope" category, and also set a specific local port (instead of allowing "All", as default);

2) Added an entry (Protocol = "ALL") in the "Outbound Rules" since there was no entry there and some users recommended doing so;

3) Set uTorrent so that UPnP, NAT-PMP and "port randomization" were all disabled;

4) Added an entry in my router (TPLink TL-WR941N) "Virtual Servers" list so that the aforementioned specific local port was enabled to my (static) IP.

Oh, and I'm on Windows 8 64-bit and have a wired connection. I'm obviously missing something, since this behavior is very weird, so hopefully someone can help me solving it :)

Thanks in advance

Archived