Ability to remove .torrent file + downloaded files VIA HOTKEY?

avada

Edited the title, to my actual problem...

Hello!

This is bugging me a LOT. Now that the resume.dat file got corrupted and I had add a lot of torrents by hand I realize exactly how problematic that when I remove torrent + data the actual .torrent files remain.

I basically always want to remove the .torrent file too when I delete the files, the way ut works by default I'm left with a spam of files in my torrents folder. So I have to either navigate to the torrents folder, or where the downloaded files are, depending on which delete method I use.

I want to delete everything instead of only the downloaded files. Is there some obscure setting for that I don't know of?

Ok.

Now I'm a bit confused. I could have sworn that shift+DEL is the shortcut to "delete torrent + data", but now it looks like only DEL functions as a shortcut to remove torrent. So I was misidentifying the problem. Was I imagining the shortcut or was it changed some time ago?

Regardless. Can I set a shortcut for, delete torrent+data?

Right click on the remove button (the red X) and set the function you want it to do, THEN the Del key will perform that function.

Bear in mind that the function you choose WILL BE DONE.

OR

Preferences -> Advanced -> gui.default_del_action

From the uTorrent manual

gui.default_del_action: This option tells µTorrent how it should remove torrent jobs when pressing the Remove button or Delete on your keyboard. Note that any value above 3 will cause the "Remove" button and the Delete button on your keyboard to do nothing in µTorrent. To be safer, you'd best be setting this option in the GUI through the toolbar method.

0 means "Remove"

1 means "Remove and delete .torrent"

2 means "Remove and delete Data"

3 means "Remove and delete .torrent + Data"

Right click on the remove button (the red X) and set the function you want it to do, THEN the Del key will perform that function.

Bear in mind that the function you choose WILL BE DONE.

OR

Preferences -> Advanced -> gui.default_del_action

From the uTorrent manual

gui.default_del_action: This option tells µTorrent how it should remove torrent jobs when pressing the Remove button or Delete on your keyboard. Note that any value above 3 will cause the "Remove" button and the Delete button on your keyboard to do nothing in µTorrent. To be safer, you'd best be setting this option in the GUI through the toolbar method.

0 means "Remove"

1 means "Remove and delete .torrent"

2 means "Remove and delete Data"

3 means "Remove and delete .torrent + Data"

Thanks!

Although I'd need one for "Remove and delete .torrent" too. But still better, because I won't have a spam of old .torrent files.

I think I figured it out. DEL deletes the way you set it with the gui.default_del_action setting. But if you press shift too the files are deleted whatever the setting is.

Since the setting was on zero previously I thought shift+del was "Remove and delete .torrent + Data" because the files were gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived