Leach Not Sharing

londonboyperth

Hi,

Could someone please offer some advice please.

When I have posted a new torrent file, I seed until 100-200 users have fully downloaded the file and effectively become seeders. At that point I will start seeding a new file.

I have set my utorrent to allow 3 leachers at any one time to receive my data, although this quite often seems to be ignored and only 1 leacher is receiving my data.

However, sometimes I find that the one leacher is taking the full speed that I can deliver and all the other leachers appearing in my utorrent interface are sitting there at 0% download. In other words, the initial leacher is failing to 're-seed' as he/she is downloading.

What I will do is simply 'pause' the upload until no data is being transferred and then 're-start' the upload in the hope that a different leacher starts to receive my data. This usually does happen and I will continue to do this until I can see that other leachers are also downloading (and hence, a big bunch of leachers will ultimately reach 100% around the same time and become seeders, thereby allowing me to move on to my next torrent upload).

This works fine on an initial seed. However sometimes I have to 're-seed' an older file because there is a small number of leachers wanting the file but only 1 or 2 seeds....so I join in.

What I have found is that my strategy of 'pausing' and 're-starting' is not working because the same leacher is managing to be the one who receives my data, yet that user is failing to 'pass on' the data....the other leachers are simply not increasing their percentage of download.

So, what I would like to know is........is there a way of avoiding that 'greedy' leacher who is failing to share the data they have downloaded from me?

For instance, is there a way of 'banning' that user from being a leach from me (not banning them from everyone...just me).

Many thanks in advance.

Ah, I know what your problem is. it's PEBKAC.

Stop trying to micromanage the swarm.

You'll do better if you increase the numbers of peers. that way you spread the pieces around, and peers can engage in tit-for-tat.

The person slowing down seed creation is.... YOU

sometimes I find that the one leacher is taking the full speed that I can deliver and all the other leachers appearing in my utorrent interface are sitting there at 0% download.

It’s probably this issue with uTorrent upload limiter. Try testing w/o setting any upload limit (aspecially if there is an active download going on) .

Archived