Two instance of uttorent, ".torrent" associate problem

Shinok

Hello, i have 2 instance of utorrent installed, both are runned from startup folder automaticaly.

(v3.1.3.27498)

1. in C:\program files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe -> runned from startmenu\startup folder\ uTorrent.exe /recover /minimized

(v3.3.0.29342)

2. in C:\uttorent_2\uTorrent.exe /recover /hide -> runned from startmenu\startup folder\ uTorrent.exe /recover /hide

When i double click any torrent file "An older version of uttorent is running" message appears. Torrent files are associated with "C:\program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" "%1"

I tried solve this change association to C:\program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" /recover "%1" but this causes each of torrent is opened in separate instance of utorrent :(

Then i tried to enable autostartup in utorrent options, but message apears "An older version of uttorent is running".

There is a strange bug when i opened uttorent manually with shortcut "C:\program files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" /recover /minimized it worked... for a moment

But when unlocked (with boss key) second utorrent "C:\uttorent_2\uTorrent.exe" /recover /hide the message "An older version of uttorent is running" appeared and torrent was opened in second

Tested in windows 7

I want open torrent files with utorrent located in "C:\program files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" on double click.

Oh and make sure that BOTH installation are running the same version and build.

both version same 3.3.0.29342

".torrent" associated with "C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe" "%1"

Same problem. It seems torrent files are opened in last active utorrent window. The path is completely ignored...

Archived