Having unset the option "Limit local peer bandwidth" was the reason:

d7Xk7tM.png

Thanks to everyone in this thread.

-------------------- ORIGINAL POST BELOW --------------------

My settings:

Kdl0IMy.png

My upload speed graph:

KRo3rKs.png

This bug has been around for months, I've seen many threads about it, but no solution.

I've tried all current versions: stable 3.3.0.29342, beta 3.3.1.29335, alpha 3.4.0.29336 - the bug persists.

This bug has been around for months, I've seen many threads about it, but no solution.

I've tried all current versions: stable 3.3.0.29342, beta 3.3.1.29335, alpha 3.4.0.29336 - the bug persists.

Confirmed on alpha 3.4.0.29382 though it took 48+ hours to manifest. On 3.4.0.29336 < 8 hrs.

8590700402_283bf3cb25_o.png

8589599971_5fc3a17bb7_o.png

It's a Global Upload Rate Limit - (think:= Speed Limit). Where did AVERAGE come from? When upload speeds surpass the limit setting, CPU usage jumps from <2-3% to >45% but immediately drops back when the "maximum upload rate" setting is no longer exceeded. A coincidence, I assume.

Spikes in data flow are NOT controllable, try and remember that BitTorrent is NOT, NOT, NOT a constant rate data protocol, spikes and transient data bursting WILL happen and WILL be recorded by the graph if you have the resolution low. so that one or two second bursts can be identified.

That graph resolution was 30 seconds w/ an "average duration" value spike of 73 kB/s. A 5 second graph surged > 172 kB/s.with one core maxed before dropping back to the limit setting. Curiously, u/l speed on this Telmex service is 324 kb/s so it must be miraculous deception. Terse explanations aside, the behavior is at odds with (bulletproof) 2.0.4 - 22150 and current stable 3.3.0 - 29342 where limits are rarely exceeded by ~2%. The CPU correlation indicates a bug, however we define rate limits. News to developers? Only confirmation of gradual improvement since 3.4.0.29336.

If you only told relevant info (like your active torrents, active connections, bandwidth) it would make sense to even try and answer... but as it is...no

More hostile please? I've read the sticky topic "How to report a bug" and there were no hits to pots such information, also I'm not a full time reader of this forum and I didn't know what info might be relevant for this kind of bug. I was hoping that someone with knowledge on the topic (are you?) will ask for more info then I will gladly share it. Your post does not seem helpful, but I'll answer the questions nonetheless:

1. My number of active torrents is set to 2, but after several minutes there are always about 10 "seeding".

2. I have a lot (~100) torrents "queued seed" on my list, I don't know if that's relevant.

3. My bandwidth is 10Mbps / 1Mbps, it's ADSL2, the ISP is Orange in Poland.

4. the rest of my settings:

bjj8XWO.png

5xtdv9H.png

The upload speed in my case does not "spike" above the limit. It goes to full speed of my bandwidth (~100kB/s) and stays like that for long, usually until I reset uTorrent. I will try to provide a longer sample.

Also, I just noticed, that on the first screenshot I posted, the moment of the upload speed going above the limit correlates with the graph of "upload speed (local peers)" going from zero to something above the limit. (What are "local peers"?).

edit: more samples:

OPxAMmo.png

Ab1ZIcG.png

Your graph is set at 30 second intervals that means the entire span of the graph is five minutes

It is not *my* graph... and if we are talking about the same picture ( http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8100/8590700402_283bf3cb25_o.png ) I strongly suggest for you do your homework first (learn about graphs, scale, resolution, reading grid-lines-interval, and legend, yes, including local peers speed)... Bold does not make things right, at least some times... :P

oh my god... is this the reason?

Yes... You see what relevant info does ?... helps Even yourself troubleshoot your own issues ... ;)

• 1 month later...

I am not sure how this is solved,... I have gone through the topic, and tried all the suggestions, applied, re-started utorrent, applied, and tried other combinations also, and utorrent still insists on using my full upload bandwidth.

With many versions being released since I started having this issue, and no fix, and I can't leave my utorrent open over night to complete d/l's because it disconnects other programs from the internet while draining my full upload power to the world. Team Speak loses connection, game clients which can only be logged back in manually, so it is very annoying.

This is resolved for the guy who started the topic, but not for others, or me.

I have used utorrent for years, and years,... I really don't wanna switch programs.

Also very annoyed that my main e-mail that I have never used here, or been banned from anywhere before say's I can't register with it here as it has been banned. So I had to use an alt e-mail.

Is this the only topic on this?

Is there a trick to limit the upload speed, or a better version of utorrent that does?

Is there a trick to limit the upload speed, or a better version of utorrent that does?

No tricks, just user errors...

bandwidth->apply limit to overhead + apply limit to uTP

Bittorrent->limit local peers

Or use my settings...

"Better version"? yeah, 3.3.1 build 29704+

Archived