µTorrent 3.3.1 beta Build 29335 not moving files

vze2mp9g

Hi,

I just started having this problem that µTorrent isn't moving the files, when completed, to the Completed Torrents directory - Under the Label name i.e ISO Hunt directory (I have it as a label). This is what I have set up in my Directories Preferences:

Put new downloads in : D:\New Torrents\

Move completed downloads to: D:\Completed Torrents\ - Only move from the default download directory (I tried checking it on and then off with no results

Store .torrents in: D:\.Torrent Files\

Move .torrents for finished jobs to: D:\Finished .Torrents\

Automatically load .torrents from: D:\Automatically Load .torrent Files\ - I have checked Delete loaded .torrents

Am I overlooking something? BTW, I'm using Mozilla Firefox 20.0 Beta 6, which isn't a problem. I did do a full clean install of Windows 7 SP1 32 Bit, and I only installed the software I use on a daily basis, like Firefox, µTorrent 3.3.1 beta Build 29335, MS Office 2013, and of course my drivers for my Monitor, Graphics Card, Sound Card (SoundBlaster), Printer (HP Color LaserJet 3800dn), HP ScanJet 4c. And that's it. I have to be over looking something, I just need someone to point it out to me. I would appreciate any and all assistance regarding this matter.

Thank You. :cool:

Am I overlooking something?
Yes!

File names and directory names on Windows CANNOT start or end with a Dot/Period/Full Stop

I've been doing this for almost a year now and haven't had any problems. I'll change the Dot/Period/Full Stops to Torrent files, and I'll report back. Here's hoping you are correct. :)

Thank You.

Thanks for the link. I followed your advice and changed the name of the directories to:

Location of Downloaded Files:

D:\New Torrents

Move completed downloads to:

D:\Completed Torrents - I tried checked and unchecked: Only move from the default download directory

Store .torrents in:

D:\Torrent Files

Move .torrents for finished jobs to:

D:\Finished Torrent Files

Automatically load .torrents from:

D:\Automatically Load torrent files

In Advanced settings I have:

remove_torrent_files_with_private_data *false

With all these changes, nothing has been resolved. I would appreciate it if someone can tell me that there is something in the Advanced settings I could change, and it would fix this problem. That would be like taking and auto repair shop and asking the repairman to wave his magic won to fix what ever is wrong with the car. :D

Thank you.

Am I overlooking something?
Yes!

File names and directory names on Windows CANNOT start or end with a Dot/Period/Full Stop

Okay, after doing some research, I have to have "Append the torrent's label" checked off. My problem is that I am unable to locate it under Preferences/Directories settings. Can anyone help me locate where the "Append the torrents label" is? I would appreciate it very much. :)

In the labels feature in ver 3.4.

Thanks for getting back so quickly! :) Do you mean the 3.4 Alpha version, if so, is an Alpha version very unstable? I miss the Labels feature that was taken out of 3.3 Stable.

Can anyone help me locate where the "Append the torrents label" is? I would appreciate it very much. smile
In the labels feature in ver 3.4.
Labels are still MIA (i.e. work in progress) in 3.4.0-29382.
Although I didn't suggest they are/were working in the alpha builds' date=' simply that 3.4 was the most likely candidate for the labels feature to be actually implemented.[/quote']
It depends on what the meaning of the words ‘is’ is.

Working or not working. The feature IS there

http://ciaobaby.info/utorrent/3.4/3.4-prefs-label.png

And there is every chance it will be working by the time 3.4 goes to RC or stable.

Maybe you missed understood what I was talking about. By label, I was able to have the finished Torrent files moved to the "Persistent Labels [separate multiple labels with | character]" under Preferences/Advanced/UI Extras. So when the torrent files were completed, the files with the torrent would be moved to the Directory that was set under Preferences/Directories/Move completed downloads to; then there would be a sub directory that was named by the label I gave it. In my case it would be:

D:\Completed Torrents\ Then the completed torrent files use to be moved to D:\Completed Torrents\Torrentz\

So if I labeled another torrent ISO Hunt, it would be in the D:\Completed Torrents\ISO Hunt\ directory, and so forth. If I have 7 labels in the "Persistent Labels [separate multiple labels with | character]" setting and I have completed torrents for each of those sites, I would have 7 sub directories in my D:\Completed Torrents\ directory.

What you are talking about (correct me if I'm totally wrong), is that all the audio files would be moved to the audio directory (or what ever directory you want your music in), all the documents moved to the documents directory and all the video files would be moved to the video directory.

I just want to move the completed torrents to the Directories\Location of Downloaded Files:Move completed downloads to: , in my case it would be D:\Completed Torrents\ IF I didn't assign a label from the "Persistent Labels [separate multiple labels with | character]" under Preferences/Advanced/UI Extras, then the torrent files would remain in the D:\Completed Torrents\ directory.

I'm repeating myself and giving as many examples, so that I won't be misunderstood. The reasoning is because I like to know where I got the torrents from.

Please, if you need further explanation, I will try to do my best to clear things up. Maybe it's still there? I don't know. That's why I'm asking. I would really appreciate it if someone could answer my question concerning what I've been doing for the last three and a half years.

Thank You.

Maybe you missed understood what I was talking about. By label, I was able to have the finished Torrent files moved to the

I know exactly what 'feature' you mean and it has been removed and the preferences -> Label is what will replace it.

Personally I'm in the process of moving to a different client which still has this feature, runs with a slightly larger footprint BUT has none of the problems, including the fact that it can run several hundred jobs (tested with Linux distros and many Open Source packages) with no ill effects at all. Still, it doesn't run as a Windows service but there's always MLDonkey if you really need a Windows client to run as a service

So after around seven years of using uTorrent on a 24 - 7 basis it looks like "Farewell and adieu you fair Spanish ladies" because I have got a 'bigger boat' (with no leaks and a fully working engine)

Maybe you missed understood what I was talking about. By label, I was able to have the finished Torrent files moved to the

I know exactly what 'feature' you mean and it has been removed and the preferences -> Label is what will replace it.

Personally I'm in the process of moving to a different client which still has this feature, runs with a slightly larger footprint BUT has none of the problems, including the fact that it can run several hundred jobs (tested with Linux distros and many Open Source packages) with no ill effects at all. Still, it doesn't run as a Windows service but there's always MLDonkey if you really need a Windows client to run as a service

So after around seven years of using uTorrent on a 24 - 7 basis it looks like "Farewell and adieu you fair Spanish ladies" because I have got a 'bigger boat' (with no leaks and a fully working engine)

I guess you really torrent big time. It sounds like you have unlimited storage. What is your system specs, it sounds like a Super Computer. :) Can you tell me what client you'll be moving to, if not, can you PM me to let me know?

Do you think that BitTorrent is doing away this feature as well? It seems like uTorrent & BitTorrent have almost the same features.

I would think that the programmers should listen to their users and what they think of the change. Again, Thank You for cluing me in on the removable feature that I needed. :(

It seems like uTorrent & BitTorrent have almost the same features.
Since version 6 BitTorrent has been built on the uTorrent core
it sounds like a Super Computer
No, just three mid spec machines, internal SATA drives for downloading, external drives for seeding jobs. The Windows machine now runs a "bare bones" OS and the others run Slackware and Centos.

If the machine is only running torrent clients cutting edge CPUs, high end videos cards, sound cards etc are not required, I've tried just about every BT client at one time or another, some haven't lasted a week before the machine was wiped and re-imaged. All the "funky features" and nice shiny GUIs with lots of buttons to play with are just window dressing and mean that you end up spending more time "fiddling about" with things that are unecessary to the basic job.

Archived