BSOD on Windows 7

cravenz

I know there have been several threads on this, but there doesn't seem to be a great consensus over how to eradicate the problem. I'm not even sure what I should be doing as well. On that note, I apologise if this isn't the best worded "cry for help".

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and the BSOD only happens in regards to running uTorrent. I've updated my wireless driver to no avail either. It is a Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter. I've taken the latest version off the unofficial site. It ran better for a while, then it went BSOD on me again.

I'm running Avira Free Antivirus. And I've also installed and run BlueScreenView which states that the BSOD is caused by Driver: NETIO.SYS, caused by Address: NETIO.SYS+106fd, and has a Crash Address of ntoskrnl.exe+75c40.

I'm wondering how I should proceed. I believe the above driver is the wireless adapter, which I've already updated. So I'm not sure what else to try or do. I'm not exactly a tech geek so if I need to do anything extra, I might need step by step instructions.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Could be antivirus/firewall as well.

Please write what caused it and if you solved it, how you did it. :)

Nope. It isn't the firewall or antivirus. I eliminated that from the equation when I tried three different firewalls (MSE, Avira and Avast), before finally trying to go without an antivirus. All resulted in the BSOD.

I couldn't find the definitive answer on these forums, so I googled further and finally found the answer. If you BSOD because of NETIO.SYS, then it is likely to be the "Teredo". I've since disabled it and not had a problem.

To disable "Teredo", go to command prompt and then type in the following: "netsh interface teredo set state disabled". Wait for the command prompt to state "Ok" before closing it. I've not had a BSOD since. Hope that helps.

• 4 months later...
I couldn't find the definitive answer on these forums, so I googled further and finally found the answer. If you BSOD because of NETIO.SYS, then it is likely to be the "Teredo". I've since disabled it and not had a problem.

To disable "Teredo", go to command prompt and then type in the following: "netsh interface teredo set state disabled". Wait for the command prompt to state "Ok" before closing it. I've not had a BSOD since. Hope that helps.

Thanks. It's works for me :)

Archived