Force Re-check stuck at 0,00%

vladocop

Answering "No" to the overwrite question now has the same effect as cancelling the location change which is why download starts again. If the file(s) have already been moved they will not actually be overwritten by answering "Yes" to the overwrite question when changing location, although this is illogical. I posted about this quite awhile ago but got no response:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=703866#p703866

I have similar issue with latest stable build (29420): Only one torrent from the list of active torrents will download, rest "stuck" at "Check 0.0%" after downloading metadata.

Other symptoms:

a) cannot start "stuck" torrents at all in current session, even after the single working torrent has completed

B) on restarting utorrent, only first torrent in list will start, remainder still stuck on "Check 0.0%"

c) if multiple torrents are added to empty active list, first torrent that completes downloading metadata starts, remainder as above after they download metadata

d) if the torrent files are copied somewhere else on machine, and all data of files in u-torrent deleted, then torrents reloaded from where they were saved, no problem - all torrents work. Including after exiting and starting utorrent again

e) before auto update to latest build all was good. Issue started with auto update

I have tried:

a) checking all options including "advanced" for anything untoward

B) manually reapplying queue settings, bandwidth setting etc (but done had changed in update)

B) completely uninstalling u-torrent with revio unistall, and reinstalling latest build after downloading from site, and accepting all defaults of "new" install, i.e. no modifications

No joy, same issue.

Suggestions welcome

Answering "No" to the overwrite question now has the same effect as cancelling the location change which is why download starts again. If the file(s) have already been moved they will not actually be overwritten by answering "Yes" to the overwrite question when changing location, although this is illogical. I posted about this quite awhile ago but got no response:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=703866#p703866

hmm, you are right, thanks. Overwriting actually does not overwrite it, that is weird indeed. But it works now.

I have similar issue with latest stable build (29420): Only one torrent from the list of active torrents will download, rest "stuck" at "Check 0.0%" after downloading metadata.

Other symptoms:

a) cannot start "stuck" torrents at all in current session, even after the single working torrent has completed

B) on restarting utorrent, only first torrent in list will start, remainder still stuck on "Check 0.0%"

c) if multiple torrents are added to empty active list, first torrent that completes downloading metadata starts, remainder as above after they download metadata

d) if the torrent files are copied somewhere else on machine, and all data of files in u-torrent deleted, then torrents reloaded from where they were saved, no problem - all torrents work. Including after exiting and starting utorrent again

e) before auto update to latest build all was good. Issue started with auto update

I have tried:

B) manually reapplying queue settings, bandwidth setting etc (but done had changed in update)

B) completely uninstalling u-torrent with revio unistall, and reinstalling latest build after downloading from site, and accepting all defaults of "new" install, i.e. no modifications

No joy, same issue.

Suggestions welcome

I have the exact same issue, never had trouble with Utorrent before and I'm getting pretty desperate!

Any help would be more than welcome.

If ALL the jobs need rechecking it WILL only check ONE job at a time, and the rest will simply have to take their turn.

The solution to this "problem"??

Do NOT shut down ANY BitTorrent client without allowing it to close all processes cleanly, so the cache is flushed or abandoned correctly and there is no risk of corrupting the data and/or poisoning peer swarns.

Registered to say this:

Am having the same problem - entirely new torrents are becoming stuck on 'Checking 0.0%' immediately after downloading the metadata. One torrent manages to download at a time - the only way I've found to move onto another torrent is to close and re-launch uTorrent.

I've tried removing and returning the resume.dat and resume.dat.old files. Still no joy.

This happened immediately after the last update a couple of days ago - to 3.3, build 29420.

Registered to say this:

Am having the same problem - entirely new torrents are becoming stuck on 'Checking 0.0%' immediately after downloading the metadata. One torrent manages to download at a time - the only way I've found to move onto another torrent is to close and re-launch uTorrent.

I've tried removing and returning the resume.dat and resume.dat.old files. Still no joy.

This happened immediately after the last update a couple of days ago - to 3.3, build 29420.

I have the exact same issue. I also tried just removing the resume.dat to clear my torrent list and I still had the same issue.

Win7 x64 OS

If ALL the jobs need rechecking it WILL only check ONE job at a time, and the rest will simply have to take their turn.

The solution to this "problem"??

Do NOT shut down ANY BitTorrent client without allowing it to close all processes cleanly, so the cache is flushed or abandoned correctly and there is no risk of corrupting the data and/or poisoning peer swarns.

Actually since it appears the be a bug in the latest update you 'fix' is wrong. Using your logic you should have advised us to not accept program updates to prevent potential issues.

having exactly the same issues as Turkey...

Other symptoms:

I have tried:

No joy, same issue.

Suggestions welcome

Registered to say this:

Same here!

Also tried the resume.dat trick to no avail.

Sometimes even when I only have one torrent in the queue it doesn't work, and just stuck at Checked 0.0%.

Frustrating.

I, too, am having the same or similar issues. Keep in mind that I am not a computer geek. lol Anyway, the ONLY way I can download once the status is stuck on checked 0.0% is to restart my computer. I have tried force recheck thing, too and it doesn't work for me. I think I'll be trying to figure out how to downgrade back to 3.2.

Archived