Where does utorrent place deleted files OR what does it do to them?

pintree3

It seems that if you delete a torrent and data utorrent does not place this deleted data in the recycle bin (why does it not place it here as it should?) making the various methods of recovering such a file impossible. For example using an undelete/recovering software has success if the file was once in the recycle bin, if it never made it there then a search is just about fruitless. I am therefore hoping, wanting to recover a file accidentally deleted, that if I know what utorrent does to such a file that recovering it may be a little easier. Does anybody know?--obviously I've tried the methods mentioned with no success hoping that an answer here may help.

Thanks for the info. I was not aware of this fact. Nevertheless my recycle bin is set up to accept close to 25Gigs of space and there is no way that file deleted was even close to that even after checking what was already in the bin--it gets cleaned almost daily.

It seems that if you delete a torrent and data utorrent does not place this deleted data in the recycle bin (why does it not place it here as it should?) making the various methods of recovering such a file impossible. For example using an undelete/recovering software has success if the file was once in the recycle bin, if it never made it there then a search is just about fruitless.

You can recover "permanently" deleted files, but it really depends on how much you've used the partition they were on. Deleted data is still stored on your hard drive, it's just that part of the drive gets 'marked' as empty, and the system will overwrite the file the next time it needs to use the space. Data recovery software scans your system for deleted files and brings them back, but only if they have not been overwritten. Try other recovery software as well, they are not all the same. I've used Reincubate Recover Files, free version works fine to see if it helps. Gluck!

Archived