Being blocked in the suggestion area

Theonewholoves

Thanks for the response.

The topic was posted several years ago in the link below but was never addressed by mods and I could not find it in the new suggestion area. But I would think if a mod is going to ban me after doing something "once" they would at least send some kind of notification I was banned and why (it would just be helpful). At least I would know I missed something like a rule or duplicate and try to find the area I overlooked to avoid a repeat.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=62438

There is a thread but could not find it in the suggestion area where it could be voted.on. Since my point of putting it there was see if it would get votes, it would be counter productive to have duplicates, so I did try to search. ;)

By chance, could anyone tell me if this has been posted in the µTorrent Idea Bank System?

You do know that there is a SEARCH function on the 'Idea Bank'. However I fail to see just how useful multiple queues actually could be.

I mean, once you have multiple queues, it would then also need a 'queue' queueing order, to determine which queue gets 'priority'.

OR would it be like the post office or supermarket checkout queue where you start "lane hopping" to get in the quickest moving one.

The proposal is more likely to slow the whole process down as it is the equivalent of a multiple lane motorway/highway/freeway being reduced to single lane bridge to cross a river.

By chance' date=' could anyone tell me if this has been posted in the µTorrent Idea Bank System?[/quote']

You do know that there is a SEARCH function on the 'Idea Bank'. However I fail to see just how useful multiple queues actually could be.

Yes and if you read my earlier points you would have seen I have already used the search feature but did not have any luck. I wanted to know if perhaps there was another another set of terms this idea was filed under.

;)

I mean, once you have multiple queues, it would then also need a 'queue' queueing order, to determine which queue gets 'priority'.

OR would it be like the post office or supermarket checkout queue where you start "lane hopping" to get in the quickest moving one.

The proposal is more likely to slow the whole process down as it is the equivalent of a multiple lane motorway/highway/freeway being reduced to single lane bridge to cross a river.

I'm sorry but you completely lost me here. A queue queuing order??? The queues are parallel, meaning there is no order because they are running at the same time. I think you're talking about queueing Batch jobs that run in sequence, which I am not. So what you mentioned is not required or requested, although I guess that could work too :o (a sequential batch job that takes up one queue slot)... :/ :/ :/

The basic concept is that it would be the equivalent of running 3-4 different torrent clients side by side with their own sets of torrents and letting them do one download at a time (note this example applies to the queue concept only, and I am not suggesting anyone run multiple clients at the same time). The queues would not interact at all. All these queues would do is provide further controls on what torrent starts next. That is it, so your analogies don't apply. It is the same amount of torrents you would normally be running, the same seeding/stopping conditions, and everything else.

Now if you're pointing out that someone else may want all this features once they add something like I'm suggesting, there is nothing wrong with that. While I don't see myself needing such features beyond what I've asked others might. But this is how products evolve. You add something, you improve it, and as long as it is what people want. that is how you stay on top.

Anyways, seems my other account got banned, and I'm not here to fight with anyone, just wanted to promote an idea I like. You're certainly entitled to disagree, but I'm dropping this as I don't want to get banned again.

Archived