uTorrent 3.2.3 not respecting download limitations

vladsch

Hello everybody, tough I have researched extensively around the forums a topic about it, all i could find were threads related to increasing speed rates and not the opposite, which is my case. Often when I am downloading a torrent with too much seeders and it is working really great, everything else related to internet doesn't load properly in my computer: browser can't load pages, chat clients disconnect, messages come back, etc. So since older versions of uTorrent i used to manage that issue imposing a limit of 50% of the total capacity of the broadband dedicated to uTorrent, However, in the new version it doesn't seem to work, the client ignores my settings and doesn't matter what number i type on the download speed limit, it will overcome it whenever its possible making it very impossible for me to use the client while i am working or doing other things in the internet. Any tips on what is going on? :(

3.4 obviously i do not have tried, i even try to check updates in the client and it says it is already up to date, strangely, if there is a version 3.4 around. I am not sure the older version i used to have, but i don't plan coming back to it. Would the upgrade for 3.4 solve it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what you mean my settings? I did just the same thing I did to uTorrent to BitTorrent, the same settings, limiting a specific torrent to xx kbps, and it WORKED. I can have two torrents, each one downloading around 500kps, sharing my 1MB broadband or I can set just one torrent to use just half my broadband. That just, simply, didn't work to uTorrent, so I don't know what settings are you talking about.

Peers/connections/slots settings? queues? whatever it is, I dont really think so since I never changed a thing on those settings, and BitTorrent as well has been running in its default settings.

The funny thing about the support of uTorrent is: nobody helps lol and when you finally ditch it and decides to adopt the competitors alternative then everybody show up to say something that actually is so relative and abstract it can mean anything. There are dozens of different kinds of setting in the client, you are still not helping.

And yes I know BitTorrent looks exactly the same, what is really hilarious 'coz is a carbon copy NOT glitched =/

Archived