What the hell is wrong with this SHIT?!?

MamaTvoja

Hi, I have a 7Mbps connection, magnetic link with 532 seeders and 10 leechers, and an average dwnl speed of 600kbps....now, starting today, I noticed that uTorrent either doesn't download ANYTHING, no matter the seeds etc...I tried EVERYTHING, and beleve me, I know a thing or two 'bout PCs...so anyway, I got it to work...well, I wish I didin't, because now, it's downloading at 'bout 50kpbs (130 seeds, 13 leech), and my connection runs perfectly (dwnl speed 1200kpbs, upld speed 600kpbs, took a speed test)....so anyway, the uTorrent Help and FAQ helped me as much as a half-baked tost, only made me sit about 20 min, and wishing I can grab someone and bake him in the oven for this....I also heard that a new version is out, and that it has a lot of bugs....anyone else encountred this kind of problem?...I downgraded my uTorrent to, hm, I think it 2333 or something like it, and now it's faster...50kpbs faster...also, a friend of mine had the same problem today, and I heard some rumors about uTorrent is broken ( O.o ) , anyway, I later downloaded BitTorrent and tried dwnl with it, and it has an average speed about 300kpbs, wich I don't like (if I wanted 300kbps, I wouldn't pay for 1200kbps)....so I came here, Community page didin't help, so I registrated just to ask this...since there isn't direct support for this crap, I had to do it here...any ideas, solutions, problems like this, anything would help...

ok, problem solved...I don't know why, but Avast! was blocking uTorrent in some way...I have no clue how that happened, it didin't even report about blocking...it seems that when I downloaded new version of uTorrent, Avast! (new versions of Avast! sometimes block programs that use magnetic links, seems like someone is trying to put an end to the piracy this way) blocked it....I wouldn't check there if it was the last place on earth (since it's settings are to repport everything that happens, and as I said, I work with computers, and Avast! should report every single thing that happens on this PC)...anyway, Avast! blocked some stuff I was trying to download (false alarm, as usual), so I opened it up to shut him down for 10 min so I can download what I want, and for some reason, I got to the "Global Exclusions", and I saw uTorrent isn't there, so I went to the "Virus Chest" and there it was, in quarantine...there I got a little confused, because I couldn't run it if it was in quarantine....anyway, I just added it to the Global Exclusions, and blocked Avast! from doing anything with it without my permission, and now it's working fine....heh, just when you think you pull all the strings...fucking Avast!

BUMP

thank you for posting how you solved this. fucking avast man...

I was having this thing where it would download like 10kb/s for awhile then stop...

i was checking ports, encryption, vpn, firewall, router settings... all this bullshit and avast was behind it! disabled it and BAM back to normal. I think avast did an update recently... i never would have suspected it was the culprit because it usually says something when its blocking content.

hopefully this thread will help other people... god knows how many other cheap bastards out there have avast:D

• 3 months later...

Archived