Magnet link problem

vmr

Hi everyone,

Last night I started having problems with magnet links completely out of the blue. I know this was a big issue a little while ago, but it just randomly started happening to me and I haven't been able to find a solution.

The strange part is, if I reboot my system or re-install utorrent, I can download ONE magnet link before encountering this problem. Regular torrent files work fine. For the record, the exact same thing happens with bittorent. Upon loading a second magnet link, this is what I get:

Name Status Update In Seeds Peers Downloaded

[DHT] inactive 1 168 0

[Local Peer Discovery] inactive 0 2 0

[Peer Exchange] inactive 0 3 0

udp://tracker.ccc.de:80 Failure: Connection timed out. 0 0 0

udp://tracker.istole.it:80/announce scrape ok 106 0 10

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80 scrape ok 108 1 10

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80 scrape ok 60 1 10

I'm running the latest version of utorrent (3.3), have DHT enabled in preferences, and have added utorrent as an exception to AVG. I'm stumped.

I know! It's really frustrating. I know that torrent works because I just downloaded it a few minutes ago. Here's what happens:

1. Install utorrent and/or reboot system

2. Yay! Magnet links seem to be working.

3. After downloading one magnet link, it does what I described.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

I have the green check mark signifying a working network connection. Is that what you're talking about? The torrent I'm currently trying has 288 seeds to 109 leachers, so it's healthy too. Also, I can download it fine if I use the .torrent file instead of the magnet link. This happens with any magnet link download. What's confusing to me is why it works once, and then stops...

Oh, goddamn it. I figured it out. I got a notification to download a new stable build last night at like 3 in the morning and I must have clicked it in a sleep deprived stupor. I guess that's what broke it. I just rolled back to 3.3 and it works fine. Thank you so much. I wouldn't have realized what happened without you.

Archived