uTorrent 3.3 29420 - Cache not flushing to disk.

x3style

Hello,

ever since the latest update uTorrent does not flush cache to disk at all.

Regardless of the settings, uTorrent defaults, or manual setting the cache to higher. It does not flush to disk.

I can only make it download anything by removing any caching options and allowing utorrent to save directly to disk but this will destroy my storage in time.

Is the issue known and is there a fix underway in a new version?

Thank you!

I noticed I started having this problem as well with version 3.3.

Symptons:

1. The problem only occurs after waking the computer from standby.

2. After waking from standby - a torrent will download but not be written to disk - Torrent status will stuck at "flushing cache" indefinitely.

3. uTorrent does not shut down when the application is closed. (Unrelated to minimizing to taskbar) Application window closes but process continues. Have to use task manager to end uTorrent in order to restart uTorrent.

4. A torrent starts from the point before computer standby after the restart.

5. uTorrent closes properly if computer has not been in standby since uTorrent was started.

6. After restarting uTorrent, existing torrents download and flush properly.

System:

Windows 8 x64

Intel i7-2600k / Asus P8Z68 vpro

Since this problem happens pretty consistently after my computer wakes up from sleep, I'm trying a workaround. I wrote a batch file that kills and restarts uTorrent. Then I used Windows Task Scheduler to run the batch file when my computer wakes from sleep.

The batch file:

REM kill_and_restart_uTorrent.batREM Try to close uTorrent normally, giving it 2 seconds to quittaskkill /im uTorrent.exetimeout /t 2 /nobreakREM Time's up, just blow it awaytaskkill /f /im uTorrent.exeREM Restart it%APPDATA%\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

And my task's properties in Task Scheduler:

Trigger: On an eventLog: SystemSource: Power-TroubleshooterEvent ID: 1
ActionsStart a program  C:\Users\cheesechoker\Programs\kill_and_restart_uTorrent.bat

My problem is unrelated to wake-up and sleep. The program refused to dump cache regardless if it was running for 24h/ just rebooted, just reinstalled, just closed & restarted the process. It's basically permanently broken.

Version 3.2 works flawlessly.

• 3 months later...
Since this problem happens pretty consistently after my computer wakes up from sleep, I'm trying a workaround. I wrote a batch file that kills and restarts uTorrent. Then I used Windows Task Scheduler to run the batch file when my computer wakes from sleep.

what's not a good idea to kill process.

while seeding more than 200-1000+ torrents u 'll reseed em all

got such thing everytime after donwloading from sleep - 9363698183_6c11db7096_o.jpg

nothing on disk, only in RAM and waiting there for nothing

ut3.3.1 [29801] w7x64 128Gb RAM

• 3 weeks later...

I've been searching through the forum on this issue and have posted about a similar issue here: https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=139098

Like post#3 I experience:

-Torrent status will stuck at "flushing cache" indefinitely.

-uTorrent does not shut down when the application is closed. (Unrelated to minimizing to taskbar) Application window closes but process continues. Have to use task manager to end uTorrent in order to restart uTorrent.

- After restarting uTorrent, existing torrents download and flush properly.

I think this happens more after I wake from hibernation--but not certain on this yet.

Running 3.3.1 build 30003 32-bit on Windows 7 64 bit

Also seems to be the same/similar issue as reported on: https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=136874

https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=113028

I can't find any suggested resolution in any of these threads.

Thanks,

Dan

Archived