seeding 24\7

Hollowfied

I want to improve my ratio on a certain torrent site by seeding 24\7, is it possible?

Because uTorrent seeds for a while and then stops for a while and then seeds...(150kbps~)

its just too slow i seeded only 1.2 GB in approximately 15 hours.

and for a "while" i mean 2-4 hours.

thanks in advance

I want to improve my ratio on a certain torrent site by seeding 24\7, is it possible?

Because uTorrent seeds for a while and then stops for a while and then seeds...(150kbps~)

thanks in advance

What do you mean by stops? The status says stopped? Or the status says seeding, but you are not uploading?

For the first situation, you might want to check your Options - Preferences - Queueing to make sure you have not set limits on the number of seeding torrents. Also check the box - Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks.

For the second situation, seeding also relies on bandwidth, seeder\leecher ratio, and the leechers' settings as well as other factors beyond your control - just because you are trying to seed doesn't mean that you will be able to. Most private trackers have some sort of bonus system for 'seeding' the files, even if they are not actively uploading.

I am definitely not an expert though, just some pointers that might help out.

I want to improve my ratio on a certain torrent site by seeding 24\7' date=' is it possible?

thanks in advance[/quote']

What do you mean by stops? The status says stopped? Or the status says seeding, but you are not uploading?

For the first situation, you might want to check your Options - Preferences - Queueing to make sure you have not set limits on the number of seeding torrents. Also check the box - Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks.

For the second situation, seeding also relies on bandwidth, seeder\leecher ratio, and the leechers' settings as well as other factors beyond your control - just because you are trying to seed doesn't mean that you will be able to. Most private trackers have some sort of bonus system for 'seeding' the files, even if they are not actively uploading.

I am definitely not an expert though, just some pointers that might help out.

okay, i understand thank you.

it was the second situation btw.

Sometimes stopping and re-starting utorrent does a magic kick to seeding, I just went through the same thing myself. Even with files that I have uploaded to the site and have been seeding 24/7 since then, other peers have seeded the files more than I have. Not sure why, there are so many variables to consider when seeding. I also have files I have been trying to seed for a month and only now are they taking off. So you are not alone in your frustration.

Sometimes stopping and re-starting utorrent does a magic kick to seeding, I just went through the same thing myself. Even with files that I have uploaded to the site and have been seeding 24/7 since then, other peers have seeded the files more than I have. Not sure why, there are so many variables to consider when seeding. I also have files I have been trying to seed for a month and only now are they taking off. So you are not alone in your frustration.

thanks for the comment :)

i try to stop and start the torrent itself again, and it works sometimes, but still:(

its because the torrent has a lot of seeds and small amount of leechs

Archived