How to change download location?

snowjim

Hi,

I have setup uTorrent to download to folder A and then move to folder B when finished. This works just fine. But now I need to move files from the folder B to another drive and this breaks the link in uTorren.

I have right clicked the torrent > Advanced > Set Download Location...

The problem it starts to download to this folder C instead of checking if the files already in the folder(which thay are). So in this case the files if overwritten even when I stated in the dialog do not overwrite?

The problem it starts to download to this folder C instead of checking if the files already in the folder(which thay are). So in this case the files if overwritten even when I stated in the dialog do not overwrite?

The migration guide will not help in this case because answering "No" to the overwrite question now has the same effect as cancelling the location change which is why download starts again. If the files have already been moved they will not actually be overwritten by answering "Yes" to the overwrite question when changing location, although this is illogical. I posted about this quite awhile ago predicting that it would cause user confusion but got no response:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=703866#p703866

• 8 months later...

Archived