uTorrent *sometimes* hangs while opening itself or .torrent files

alpas

newest v3.3 (both "02" and "04 of april" builds i have) sometimes (about 3 out of 4 times) hangs while opening itself or .torrent files (i can see a separate process "uTorrent-3.3.exe" in the Task Manager for each time i tried to open a file). i tried to renew files association both from uTorrent and Windows files association (at first), but still get the same problem (obviously).

when i download uTorrent from the website and start the exe-file, it hangs as well, but if i try to open it again and again and again - after a while something clicks and the installer opens and goes normally (while other processes are still there in the Task Manager). when i restart my system, uTorrent starts normally and downloads everything fine (maybe i was just lucky). when i manually open .torrent file from uTorrent (via File - Add Torrent) it adds fine (maybe that was luck too).

when i downgrade to v3.2.3 - everything starts to work fine again, like it was for years before (20 out of 20 .torrent files opened).

PS win7 ultimate SP1 x64, no AV apart from Windows' one.

edit: spelling

Archived