Add New Torrent windows should z-index in the order they are created

jhon614

Currently (v3.3 b29342) when you open multiple torrents at the same time, each Add New Torrent window stacks on top of all the rest as it opens. I download all my torrents with TorrentRover, so a new torrent download can open automatically at any time, often many at once. This makes the problem occur quite often for me.

This is bad for 2 reasons:

1. When the first Add New Torrent window opens, the natural reaction is to start interacting with the window. The user could be in the middle of something when all of a sudden the next one opens covering the first one.

2. The user might attempt to press "OK" button or press enter just as a new window pops up. The action goes to the new window instead of the window the action was intended for.

Possible solutions:

1. The best solution would just be to z-index the new window to be on top of the main window but below any other Add New Torrent window. I don't know if C++ has z-index, but if it doesn't just activate each window when a new window opens, newest to oldest. That way they all get stacked back on top of the new window with the oldest, the original, window back on top where it should be.

2. Open the Add New Torrent window, but don't Activate it, just open it. That way it won't jump to the top.

3. At the very least, cascade the windows as they open so they aren't in precisely the same place. At least then, when the user attempts to press the OK button and a new window pops up on top of it, they don't hit the wrong OK button.

I'm suggesting the behavior should be first in first out. Keep them in the order in which they were opened so new windows don't get in the way of what I'm doing.

Also, Help -> Check for Updates doesn't seem to be working. It reports that there are no new versions and, as you said above, I don't have the current version. If the check for updates code only checks version number but ignores build number, maybe that should be changed.

I'm suggesting the behavior should be first in first out. Keep them in the order in which they were opened so new windows don't get in the way of what I'm doing.

Your system implies that you simply want all of them to download anyway. If you're just going to add them all in the order they come in, skip having the selection dialog come up.

If the check for updates code only checks version number but ignores build number, maybe that should be changed.

I'm NOT beating this dead horse anymore.

Archived