Torrents wont start downloading

johndoe3815

I recently downloaded uTorrent and so I am still trying to figure it all out but I seem to be having trouble downloading from Pirate Bay. I normally use BitComet and have no problem using it except for some minor things. What I like to know is why I can download torrents from other sites but when I try to download them from Pirate Bay it never seems tio start the download or find any peers or seeders even though there are hundreds if not thousands.

Ken

Any tracker in a torrent with "thepiratebay.org" in the address won't work. They shut them down (thepiratebay did).

I still have no idea what a Tracker is or what you are talking about here' date=' can you please dumb it down for me?[/quote']

Press F1 on your keyboard ... type t r a c k e r into the box then press [Return]

OR

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bittorrent+tracker

hello to all the members reading this .As i'm new to the site i would like to saythanks in anticipation of any help i get ;D H T Disabled ;is this a setting i have inadvertently switched off without realising ? EDIT ,i found the DHT Network window unticked in the Bitorrent feature. My apologies for not seeing this first time around.

What have I done wrong? Nothing will download. Help please :(

Connect to the Internet first.

Well, thank you for that clever response. ;) I don't know what happened but suddenly everything is working as normal. As nothing was touched or changed from my side, I can only assume that it was a glitch in the program that has now been fixed. :)

Well, thank you for that clever response.

It was the ONLY answer possible based on the information that you provided.

Had you given the client yersion and build you would have got a better idea!

Would you ring up a doctor and expect a full diagnosis based on "I don't feel well"

Well, thank you for that clever response.

It was the ONLY answer possible based on the information that you provided.

Had you given the client yersion and build you would have got a better idea!

Would you ring up a doctor and expect a full diagnosis based on "I don't feel well"

My sincere apologies from the old duck but being new to this I had no idea what to say. What is client version and build?

but being new to this I had no idea what to say. What is client version and build?

There are pinned/stickied threads in every forum section specifically for the most common questions, how to ask the right question and what information to provide. Reading them first would probably answer your question WITHOUT you having to wait for a reply.

Archived