Assistance needed with upload speeds.

NoDoz

uTorrent 3.3, Win8 machine, Motorola Docsis 3.0 router, port properly configured and tested, Comcast ISP.

I'm downloading at 1.5-2.0 MB/s, but uploading at 0.5-3.0 kB/s. Once my download is finished, it drops all leechers.

Currently, I have two torrents open -

1 - seeds - 0 of 27 connected, 5749 in swarm; peers - 0 of 93 connected, 54 in swarm

2 - seeds - 0 of 0 connected, 3369 in swarm; peers - 0 of 61 connected, 48 in swarm.

My upload speed (as tested within uTorrent) is 3.1 Mbit/s, 384 kB/s limit.

I tried going to Options > Preference > BitTorrent and setting the outgoing protocol encryption to "enabled," but this didn't seem to have much effect.

My ratio is crushed because of my upload speeds, so I'd like to get this sorted.

Any advice? If I missed any info required, please let me know.

1 - seeds - 0 of 27 connected, 5749 in swarm; peers - 0 of 93 connected, 54 in swarm

2 - seeds - 0 of 0 connected, 3369 in swarm; peers - 0 of 61 connected, 48 in swarm.

So, both grossly overseeded then.

Any advice?

Forget about your 'ratio' because your upload speed isn't going to get any better.

The concern, though, is that I'm on a site that requires users to maintain a certain ratio. If I fall beneath it, my account will be disabled.

I suppose I should find some less-seeded torrents and try to seed those for a while.

Archived