Not calculating exact hash values

TorDigger

Hi,

Dear mate's, i had latest version of utorrent free version 3.3, i have been uploading torrents since from many years at different torrent sites...currently i had an issue with client never seen before. issue is as under:

- i made torrent with directory.

- uploaded same torrents on site..

- same torrent got stuck at 99.8 percent.

now problem is why it happened with my second torrent, question arrising that did i changed torrent content after making, no not changed am fully aware.

What i calculated result here is:

latest version client not calculating exact hash values, bcoz i made same torrent again, why not torrent client replied me that torrent already present neverthless client made new torrent with new hash

Please check it if its right we expect to fix it in next version release...

Note: This problem is not with all made torrent's..only when i updated client to latest version after that i got problem with my 2 torrent's,

Cheers

TorDigger

A hashsum, is a hashsum, is a hashsum. If the file data does NOT change the hash WILL be the same

latest version client not calculating exact hash values, bcoz i made same torrent again, why not torrent client replied me that torrent already present neverthless client made new torrent with new hash

Assuming that I understood that correctly, it means the data used to create the first job was different to the second one.

It only needs ONE bit in ONE byte to change for the hashsum to be different to the hashsum in the metainfo and it WILL fail the check at that point.

A hashsum, is a hashsum, is a hashsum. If the file data does NOT change the hash WILL be the same

100% same data , same folder and same directory i used with both torrent, both having different hashsum..

For your further information many peoples had same problem...Torrent got stuck at 99.8%, its all due to bad hashsum.

In detail: i made torrent with one .exe file and 8 .txt files, funny thing is all txt files are fine, problem with .exe file, how come .exe file changed its own value, also .exe file is digitally signed application am unable to change its value even 1 bit or byte es2Jo5u.png

• 2 weeks later...

OK, as per your opinion that, some file changed its value, Question is, who changed? and how changed? even i not touched torrent files after making torrent.

Yes i know, no one beleive, that how come same file got different hashsum value with utorrent client. but it is..

Problem is resolved: am using an other client, till utorrent next stable release.

Thanks...

TorDigger

Question is, who changed? and how changed? even i not touched torrent files after making torrent.

The usual suspects are:

iTunes and/or Quicktime

Windows Media Player

Any other application that will "retag" files or reads/writes/removes DRM metadata ... ...

Archived