3.3.1 Exit issue build 29525

cfw

The last few builds of the 3.3.1 beta has an issue with exiting the application. The GUI shuts down as expected, but the background process never terminates. This has been the case with at least the last 4 builds, including the new build released yesterday. I'm forced to kill the process and that's bad because it will cause an all-out round of re-checking the active transfers once it is restarted.

Fwiw, 3.3 does not exhibit the same. I know this because I used that branch for a few days while the 0% issue was still unresolved in 3.3.1. With 3.3.exits are both faster and cleaner, so I'm wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this.

Win7 x64

Update:

I've managed to circumvent the hassle of having it do a complete re-check on restart by actively stopping all transfers before I attempt to exit. I was hoping this would also help with the issue itself, but sadly this was not the case.

Same here. It got to a point where not even task manager could close it. Had to downgrade to 3.2.3.

Things went sour when I downloaded an allegedly "stable version" of 3.3. It started by resetting the number of active torrents. Why would it mess up my settings?

But yea, this exit issue is the most annoying one by far.

• 2 months later...

I've been experiencing the same issue on my Win 7 Pro x64. Currently running version 3.3.1 build 29812. It's been this way for the past couple months, since at least April.

For me, the issue is even worse than just being unable to exit the application. I notice that all my bandwidth suddenly seems capped at around 2 kB/s. I'm also unable to start any new torrents, as they all get stuck on the "Downloading metadata" step. Essentially, uTorrent becomes entirely unusable, at which point I have to "exit" and restart, which requires me to kill it in task manager before reopening again. This usually fixes the broken usage, but I have yet to figure out how to stop it from becoming broken in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been experiencing the same issue on my Win 7 Pro x64. Currently running version 3.3.1 build 29812. It's been this way for the past couple months, since at least April.

For me, the issue is even worse than just being unable to exit the application. I notice that all my bandwidth suddenly seems capped at around 2 kB/s. I'm also unable to start any new torrents, as they all get stuck on the "Downloading metadata" step. Essentially, uTorrent becomes entirely unusable, at which point I have to "exit" and restart, which requires me to kill it in task manager before reopening again. This usually fixes the broken usage, but I have yet to figure out how to stop it from becoming broken in the first place.

Exactly the same problem, for a long time I think there's problem with my OS or Harddrive

Current Version is 3.3 build 29625

So now I am going to upgrade to newest stable build and see if it will help!!!

Archived