What am I doing wrong?

stec00

Sure it must be something stupid as no one else seems to be having this problem but I've copied the zip into the correct place and am attempting to connect. I edited the username/password parameter in the advanced options but couldn't find a webui parameter.

But when I try to connect to the URL (http://<my IP address>:<Utorrent port>/gui/index.html) something strange happens, I just get a load of strange characters on the screen, here they are in case it's of use:

Gzól×,%$ÞÆ•ƒ»Ö1ï"©€Kz¦, 5®Ö9ï´Ø^¡ÿU…€»ÝVÚ |)žú-bö PwTÀÛ*·!xQS¶Ñ¦qØõÓÀ„H7´' ×Åt—Ž¤í‚K!ž‹ˆJøJ´;˜Ÿ%õe¨·l#3ºè6ð5È#á–ðˆS:ˆ"&˜WIй Ó?L–˜‡_¦¸šÂlÒüZ5{¹Ò?Õ¯5.pÃÐ/W?º£Åï¼WmÀÙ7Œ¸ AOV4nÆؽy²Ï7(ØõßâAZÜ'<¥#°l©Ÿ‡ ú§Ü0¸‰üÊAÑñRÇ:ú~ý´YÀ¶y°\?ðßPûù_Qè¦Ì½=uÌX…'›hUR7#Œ'‡MâV7¤ü@r¨™'éÌ`qw³Ýä‚šÙÕPn[Z°·3ëﮂ¼;õ

It's the same in Firefox and IE.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure it must be something simple.

Any suggestions/help would be gratefully received!

Cheers, Steve

Thanks for the reply Firon

OK I'll try and explain myself a bit better. (Wrote the last message at work and couldn't remember the exact terms.)

I have copied the webui.zip file into my %AppData%\uTorrent as instructed.

It was the webui.enabled property that I couldn't find in Preferences - Advanced tab but I did find webui.pass and set it to my Username:Password. But no luck when trying to access it either remotely or using localhost, just get the gobbledegook I posted earlier in the browser window.

Archived