3.3 build 29533 32bit - Stuck on checking 0.0%

Smartsasse

Build 29544 seams to be working correct, about the "Checking 0.0%" at least.

But everything isn't at it's best. On the "Help -> About uTorrent" there are no line breaks but "\r\n", these are the kind of things that shouldn't exist longer then the beta version.

I'll check out qBitTorrent and see if it's worth using instead of uTorrent since it becomes more crappy every day. =(

Me, too. I have already upgraded to version 3.3 build 29544 which is latest at the moment of writing this report but the problem persists. Basically, I found that utorrent still download the information but then turn into status "Checked 0.0%" and then stay "there". :(

Experiencing this same "stuck" torrent problem, using build 29533 as listed in uTorrent's "About," or maybe it's version 29544, as it's listed in computer's Programs & Features.

The "glitch" happens after installing uTorrent, with the prompt to start up automatically with Windows, left unchecked.

uTorrent is running and Minimized to System Tray.

Computer/Laptop enter hibernation/sleep mode & awakens.

uTorrent does not awake from this sleep and "hangs."

Shutting down - closing the uTorrent application, only removes the visible icon in system tray, but uTorrent application continues running in background - as seen in "Processes."

Any attempt to restart uTorrent, fails.

uTorrent must be manually closed, "End Process - Task manager," and can then be restarted normally.

Before entering sleep/hibernation, before closing the lid on your laptop, shut-down the uTorrent application to prevent this "hang."

using build 29533 as listed in uTorrent's "About," or maybe it's version 29544, as it's listed in computer's Programs & Features.

You are running the wrong build. 29544 is marked properly in both the help-above and file->Right-click-properties->details.

"connecting to peers" isn't the same stuck.

It is when it never connects. The same 5 torrents in qbittorrrent had no trouble finding 800+ seeds for each of those 5 torrents (eztv). 24 hours later, utorrent was still stuck on "connecting to peers".

"connecting to peers" isn't the same stuck.

It is when it never connects. The same 5 torrents in qbittorrrent had no trouble finding 800+ seeds for each of those 5 torrents (eztv). 24 hours later' date=' utorrent was still stuck on "connecting to peers".[/quote']

And have you taken any of the advice offered in the previous five or six posts??

using build 29533 as listed in uTorrent's "About' date='" or maybe it's version 29544, as it's listed in computer's Programs & Features.[/quote']

You are running the wrong build. 29544 is marked properly in both the help-above and file->Right-click-properties->details.

It is, as I posted.

Uninstalled uTorrent (again), and installed uTorrent build 29544 (again).

Build 29544 is now listing correctly, under uTorrent's "About."

The same problem I posted about above, continues.

It is when it never connects.

No it's not. Connecting to peers isn't the same stuck as checking.

Now stop thread hijacking.

You know what, you're absolutely right. Instead of getting stuck at 0.0% it gets stuck immediately after. You win. You've alienated a user in the process but you've split the hair down the middle! Congrats!

And you know what jimmy? Nothing of value is lost by you leaving.

"Checking 0.0%" was caused by a bug in a change to one of the core operating features.

Your issue is caused by stupid internet security software or hostile internet providers.

Teksavvy is not a hostile ISP, in fact they are the most pro-consumer ISP in Canada. I also don't run "stupid internet security software" - in fact I don't run any active security software (no Windows Firewall, no anti-virus, etc)

The checking bug and the failing to connect to peers bug appeared at the same time in the same build the effect of both is the same: the damn thing doesn't download.

Archived