Very frustated with communication but love the program

PChristopherBell

I do not have a phone number to contact you with and I really hate to put this on an open forum but I could not see any way to call and find out what went wrong. After making the choice to go with uTorrent, I thought I would get a fresh download and have Norton 360 put in my billing info after it cleared the site. There were no issues so I plowed ahead with the details. I got an email saying that there was no need to worry but my credit card would be delayed by 2 hours as part of the standard procedure. Now that did not sound like the normal routine but I thought okay whatever works best for them, no rush. However when uTorrent installs the first pop up message I get is "Do not be scammed by fake websites that suggest uTorrent has a year subscription.". My first thought was, "16 years and I have never been fooled once and then finally got me". I immediately called the bank and had the card canceled and was relieved that I had called in time and no charges from Africa had been made yet. After doing through all that routine and going to the bank to get money out to last for 5 days while they send me new cards and such, I started to read the forums. Now it appears, you do indeed have a yearly subscription. This is very frustrating and not the ideal way to spend Friday afternoon but I hope you can see that since you do have a fee for the version with all the bells and whistles, it's probably not a good idea to have a pop up with such an urgent sounding message. You may well talk, collaborate, and fix these types issues in your sleep (security issues) but a vast majority of us are just low to medium average computer users. Flashing a message at us after our credit card info has gone out is asking for it to be read in haste and prone to being misunderstood since when it comes to money being stolen you will more times than not act quickly. This issue will not make me use someone other program. I like this one just great. I don't need anything in return, the product is very well priced. I am open to the idea that I could have not read the find details correctly. Fair enough. I'd just like to know you all would also say it probably is not the best way to flash out to your customers that they might be scammed. And certainly at least not immediately after you just made the transaction over the internet using your bank card.

Paul C. Bell

Ok, First off, your wall of text is hard to read.

Second, the "1 year subscription" is for the plus functionality, which is functionality added to the program that we get charged by third parties to provide (media conversion, etc). The basic functionality, as well as simply obtaining the program itself, is free. That's what the scam warning is about.

Plus specific troubleshooting is handled outside of these forums at http://help.utorrent.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Archived