Lots of IPs trying to access my uTorrent.

R4ven

I have just download Comodo firewall, and now I have a constant stream of popups telling me that someone or something is trying to connect to my copy of uTorrent.

This is what it is saying.

uTorrent.exe is trying to receive a connection from the internet.

Application: uTorrent.exe

Remote: (This IP address changes every time.)

Port: : 48927.

This is happening every 1-2 seconds, and every 20 minutes or so, my anti-malware displays a message saying it has blocked a threat.

Has this ever happened before? Can it be fixed? Do I have any other option than being forced to remove uTorrent from my computer? The popups are already driving me nuts. Please help.

I understand that, but uTorrent is not running right now, and I haven't had it running all day.

Also, I cleared all the torrents out on Tuesday, so there is nothing in there for other users to connect to - no reason for them to be trying to connect to me when I have nothing for them to download.

Why would thousands of people be trying to connect with me when I have no data?

And why are they all on the same portal? 49827

Also, I cleared all the torrents out on Tuesday, so there is nothing in there for other users to connect to - no reason for them to be trying to connect to me when I have nothing for them to download.

Why would thousands of people be trying to connect with me when I have no data?

Because of the way data about peers gets stored, it could take weeks for THEM to get that information.

Archived