Re-seed workflow broken in 3.3 (b29544)?

fappyending

Since upgrade to 3.3 (build 29544) (Win32 on XPP SP3) this morning, the re-seed workflow appears to be broken.

Have bunch of files on computer. Content matches existing torrents. I need to come on board as a seeder of those torrents.

Until now, I would the appropriate .torrent files, load them, uncheck 'start torrent", and the torrent would appear in my downloading torrents at 0%. Then, I would then right-click the torrent, 'Advanced-Set Download Location' and point to the folder that contained the existing copies. uTorrent would warn me that files already existed, and ask if I wanted to Overwrite. I would chose 'No', then 'Force Re-Check', and after uTorrent found a 100% match, start seeding the torrent.

Now, after uTorrent ask me if I want to Overwrite and I choose 'No', it doesn't actually change the Download Location, so the existing files don't get loaded and can't be checked and seeded.

Grateful for any advice - I'm open to the idea that I was doing this wrong all along and that there's a better workflow.

Now, after uTorrent ask me if I want to Overwrite and I choose 'No', it doesn't actually change the Download Location, so the existing files don't get loaded and can't be checked and seeded.

Answering No to the Overwrite question now has the same effect as cancelling the location change. It is necessary to answer Yes; the files will not actually be overwritten if they have already been moved.

Point it to the PARENT directory of the files location.

Sorry, I didn't describe it well - I am. In fact, I know I'm pointing to the right place since uTorrent warns me the files already exist, and ask me if I want to overwrite them.

Problem is, once I choose 'No', it apparently cancels the whole operation.

Answering No to the Overwrite question now has the same effect as cancelling the location change. It is necessary to answer Yes; the files will not actually be overwritten if they have already been moved.

I posted about this quite awhile ago predicting that it would cause user confusion but got no response:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=703866#p703866

Thank you so much for this answer!

Confusing change indeed... they should probably tweak the prompt to clarify this.

Archived