v.3.3.0.29544 - checking 0.0%, flushing forever, process never closes

Balint

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I upgraded to 3.3 today and immediately started seeing the same problems as those posted by others: flushing to disk that never finishes, forced re-checks do not complete, disk overload 100% for new torrents, process does not stop on exit from program, using Task Manager to stop the process takes a long time.

After reinstalling version 3.2 the problems went away.:)

My system is seeding about 3200 torrents, but the number of active torrents is set to 6. No settings were changed between versions so it appears there is a bug in 3.3.:(

I upgraded to 3.3

Why don't you try with 3.3.1 too? Are you sure your AV is not the one to blame?

What is AV? I did not change any settings between versions.

I have 3.3 on another machine. It has not given any problems, but it has only about 30 torrents. However, I prefer the cleaner appearance of 3.2 without the advertising and the Instant Download bar. So, I do not see any advantage to the new version. And, as a rule, I do not install Beta versions.

I upgraded to 3.3

Why don't you try with 3.3.1 too? Are you sure your AV is not the one to blame?

What is AV? I did not change any settings between versions.

I have 3.3 on another machine. It has not given any problems' date=' but it has only about 30 torrents. However, I prefer the cleaner appearance of 3.2 without the advertising and the Instant Download bar. So, I do not see any advantage to the new version. And, as a rule, I do not install Beta versions.[/quote']

AV = anti virus. And if you'd have tried my settings, you wouldn't be talking here about ads... :P

Same problem for me.

Yesterday I enabled pre-allocate option, and put torrent for download.

It went to Allocating state, and started downloading. I minimized torrent, half an hour later I opened it again to find that it has downloaded ~30% (1 GB) but it was still in Allocating state. I opened the folder that it was downloading to, but there were no files at all. Actually I selected to create new folder when I started downloading, and that new folder did not exist at the time 1 GB was already finished.

I also experienced Checked 0% for forever, and Flushing to disk state for forever.

This is even worse, because when torrent has been downloaded, and went to Flushing to disk and stays in this state forever, then I close uTorrent process (because as said before, uTorrent process won't close itself, even when I manually close uTorrent), open it again, and that torrent is totally missing from the list, file is not in the folder and I have to download it again.

Maybe some permission/priv issue? Did you try to run with run-as-admin?

As noted by other people - everything worked fine with previous versions of uTorrent, so I doubt this is the reason. Only if uTorrent suddenly started needing additional permissions, which it did not need before.

Only if uTorrent suddenly started needing additional permissions

That's the point... Just try and tell...

Nope. Did not help. I started it as Admin, but right now tried to Re-check one of the torrents, and I see no progress. It hangs at 0.00%

I selected to create new folder when I started downloading, and that new folder did not exist at the time 1 GB was already finished.

What does that mean exactly? You mean the sub-folder option at the add-torrent-dialogue? Are you able to create this folder manually in this exact location? Can you look at the info tab and see if the save-path in there is correct?

I selected to create new folder when I started downloading' date=' and that new folder did not exist at the time 1 GB was already finished.[/quote']

What does that mean exactly? You mean the sub-folder option at the add-torrent-dialogue? Are you able to create this folder manually in this exact location? Can you look at the info tab and see if the save-path in there is correct?

What I meant:

I opened a .torrent file in uTorrent.

In the dialog window I selected to create a sub-folder named "111" in a folder "123" on disk D:, for example.

Torrent's status was Allocating, but at the same time it was downloading.

After a while it was still Allocating, while 1 GB was already downloaded.

I went to "123" folder, but there was no "111" subfolder yet. And no files from this torrent (those 1 GB) were anywhere there.

I closed uTorrent, but the process was hanging in System, until I closed it manually.

After I opened it again this particular torrent was absent from the list. I opened .torrent file again, and it did not say that torrent was already in the list.

Selected the same sub-folder, and that time it finished downloading successfully.

So this is not reproducible always.

Folder name was definitely 100% correct the first time.

How about 3.3 with my settings, modified per your connection speed?

I did some testing with process explorer and found that the issue was 1.5MB rss.dat.

Every 10 minutes (rss update interval) CPU usage would max, utorrent UI would freeze and memory usage would expand incrementally.

After clearing rss history for all feeds (and manually stopping all new downloads it started ;- )=) rss.dat went down to 150kB. CPU spikes a bit on rss update but lot less, memory usage is constant.

How about 3.3 with my settings' date=' modified per your connection speed?[/quote']

I did some testing with process explorer and found that the issue was 1.5MB rss.dat.

Every 10 minutes

Hmm... I have it set to 60 min.... But yeah, they should warn people when history data is getting too large. What did you see in process explorer?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived