How to move / rename / delete certain files and still seed?

Reaper2794

Hey guys, so being the super organized guy I am, I like to move my files into a proper folder to access for later use.

What I am trying to do:

Download let's say a movie

Don't care for notepad files, subtitles, that junk, so I delete it

I want to move the movie file to it's new location

Now I want to rename the file itself, because again, organization

and finally, I want to still seed back to others

How do I do this, please help, I hate leeching and leaving.

So you can do renaming, but you can't totally delete junk while seeding. You CAN create your own "recycle bin" though. If you do it all after downloading is complete, it's fairly easy:

Right click on each file and "Relocate..." to the desired location.(I keep a "Junk" folder for files I don't want). Once seeding is done, you can delete the Junk files. I just periodically clean out mine.

If you are fancy, you can set up some automatic moving stuff in advance, but it's a little more involved:

Let say you've got a Torrent called My Vacation that consists of a folder called "My Vacation" with two files "Slideshow" and "Commentary". And lets say you want to keep the Slideshow, but not the commentary. You download to Folder "Downloads" and keep files in "Slideshows". You only want the Slideshow file but want to call it "Cool Backgrounds"

In Preferences->Directories Set "Put New Downloads in:" and "Move Completed Downloads to:" to Downloads and Slideshows respectively. Check "Only move from the default download directory"

Create a folder somewhere (I'm pretty sure it can be under "Downloads" ) called Junk.

Structure:

Root

-Downloads

--Junk

--Vacation

---Slideshow

---Commentary

-Slideshows

For the Torrent, right click on Slideshow and "Relocate...". Just change the file name to "Cool Backgrounds" (leave it under "My Vacation")

right click on Commentary and "Relocate...". Put it under Junk (renaming is optional).

New Structure:

Root

-Downloads

--Junk

---Commentary

--Vacation

---Cool Backgrounds

-Slideshows

When the torrent finishes it should move the Vacation folder (with Cool Backgrounds) but not the Commentary. When you are all done seeding (but not before), you can delete the Commentary.

Final Structure:

Root

-Downloads

--Junk

---Commentary

-Slideshows

--Vacation

---Cool Backgrounds

No. I want the files such as the movies/shows themselves, but I want to rename the file for organization purposes, as well as moving it to another folder, but still having it seed back.

I guess I just have to seed as much as possible. I wish TPB had a nice Seed/Peer ratio rating for users, people who don't have 1:1 should be banned, and accounts should be required.

No. I want the files such as the movies/shows themselves, but I want to rename the file for organization purposes, as well as moving it to another folder, but still having it seed back.

Never going to happen.

Once the files are renamed the data becomes different to the original download.

I guess I just have to seed as much as possible. I wish TPB had a nice Seed/Peer ratio rating for users, people who don't have 1:1 should be banned, and accounts should be required.

If that ever happened NOBODY would EVER reach any kind of enforced ratio.

1:1 is extremely easy to achieve when just getting jobs from anywhere and everywhere, but on 'private' trackers almost EVERY 'popular' torrent is grossly overseeded by people trying to "maintain a ratio" and under those condition getting to 1:1 is impossible. In most cases reaching a 25% ratio would be extremely fortunate.

I don't understand..

How is encouraging users to seed as much or more than what they leech hurtful? TPB is the most popular torrent site, it's public, I'm not saying make it private, simply require accounts so you can track how much they seed and leech, and users will be encouraged to seed back as much or more than what they have leeched.

I downloaded a 20GB documentary, have seeded back almost 200GB back. I only have a 2 Mbps upload speed.

Archived