Anyway to share upload speed evenly

Nuclear

Hi folks,

I've noticed that when I am either uploading or downloading a program that whenever a peer with a virginmedia isp is on they hog and take all my upload bandwith, give very little back and everyone else suffers. I have 2MB upload but these isp's take 99% of my upload while the rest get 1 or 2kbs and because im not sharing with them they are not sharing with me so my download speed suffers.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/4205/vmedia.png

This happens nearly ever torrent these isp's are on, my isp is a different company but same country,

so the question I ask is there anyway to redistribute my upload speed more evenly or ban these isp's .

I have my upload slots set to 25 and unlimited upload set.

any help would be appericated, thanks.

thanks for reply ,It was the automatic setting utorrent set slots at when I done the speed tests, Anyway I do not care if peers are greedy I want to share just all my bandwith goes to one peer and even if there were 5 slots the virginmedia isps always take stage, is there no way to ban these or restrict like in vauze.

Anyway I do not care if peers are greedy
So what's your problem then?
the virginmedia isps always take stage
Ther is only one Viginmedia ISP, do you actually mean Virginmedia IPs

If you REDUCE the number of upload slots per torrent you will improve the upload balancing.

The following is from the Vuze/ Azureus 'wiki' but applies to BitTorrent clients in general

This option sets the number of peers you upload to for one torrent at any given time. Vuze will constantly rotate the uploading slots between the peers of that torrent, and will prioritize those peers who also upload to you (tit-for-tat).

Deciding on optimal settings is balancing between two factors:

The fewer slots you make available the faster you will upload to each peer.

However, typically bittorrent client software prefer to upload to other clients that they are receiving data from. So, making more slots available will increase your chances of getting data.

But making too many slots available will result in many clients will snubbing/blacklisting you because you are uploading to them too slowly.

A recommended minumum value is "Global Max Upload Speed" / "Max Active Torrents" / 5, which would leave 5 kB/s bandwidth for each slot.

NOTE: You can change this value for a specific torrent by using the entry field "Maximum number of upload slot" on the Options tab for that torrent.

You have to get ALL the various setting in balance to make your bandwidth use optimal. Just accepting the "Speed Guide" settings as right is NOT being 'optimal'. YOU need to find out what is right for YOUR setup by empirical methods.

is there anyway to redistribute my upload speed more evenly

Yes. My way is:

1. Upgrade to 3.3.1 (you need that upload limiter fix)

2. If you are only seeding - you'll be fine

3. If you have mixed seeding/downloading jobs - set the seeding jobs to a higher "Bandwidth allocation" than the downloading jobs (for example seeding - high, downloading ling low).

From this point on, it is up to the peers themselves to pull the data... :)

7c2fd8250335505.jpg 7e1075250335508.jpg

Archived