Torrents that contain more than one file

scarsick

Since upgrading to μTorrent 3.3 (build 29544) there is something weird going on.

When a torrent contains more than one file (let's say a video file and a text file), I check ONLY the one i want to download (video) but i still get both files. At the bottom tab "Files" the ones i did not choose to download write "skip" next to them (correct) but not with a red bar.

Any ideas?

From the user manual.

diskio.use_partfile: This option is used to store data that is downloaded from files that you told µTorrent to skip. This is necessary to prevent the file from being allocated. It separately stores the parts of the skipped files that come with a piece, since µTorrent must download and save the entire piece in order to confirm that it is uncorrupted, and each piece can contain data from multiple files. The partfile is removed when you remove the torrent job from the torrent job list.

• 3 weeks later...

After days of testing, the problem remains even though I changed diskio.use_partfile to false.

In the meantime, I have upgraded to build 29625.

Any other thoughts? It's not the end of the world, sure, but it's really annoying!

Archived