Stuck at finding peers

Iseeyou28

Some of my torrents are stuck at "finding peers" not all of them like 4 out of my 10 last downloads. It began like a few days ago, I tried different version, I'm on 3.3 stable now, even tried bitspirit it says bad torrent file...although there are hundreds peers and seeds. I got utorrent exception in firewall tried to reset and reinstall all kinds of shit, my connection runs good tried to check connection setting from this forum everything is ok, its only a few torrents that are stuck. So any ideas?

Ur not helpfull at all, these are not dead torrents that I'm trying to download but brand new ones with high seed activity, it won't stay at " finding peers " anyway and as I said I tried different versions, BitSpirit client

says bad file ..,

So if one client says "bad file" whatever that may mean, and uTorrent cannot find any thing to connect to. ....

... What DOES that suggest to you?????

'm trying to download but brand new ones with high seed activity
How do you know??

Tracker numbers are nothing to go by.

I've also noticed, since upgrading to 3.3 build 29544, uTorrent spending more time "finding peers" than it ever had before. With some files, I've had to stop, start, stop, & start the torrent several times before it finally started downloading. And although I can't be specific, but there also seems to be issues with using my browser with uTorrent running, whether it's seeding/leeching or not, since upgrading to build 29544. This was never the case before.

It feels to me as if there may be some issue with this particular build that doesn't seem to be working as smoothly as it was prior to the upgrade. I'm hoping someone brighter than myself will be able to figure it out and fix it soon.

See people have the same Isue ! It started after last upgrade!

Yes' date=' I have noticed it as well.[/quote']

You can get allot of information on what's going on with a particular torrent by the Logger Window beneath the Torrents. I can see almost everything associated with the Torrent, how many active seeds, trackers, ratio, what files in the torrent you haven't got, you can even see what country the Peers are from.

Whenever I start getting this issue, most of the time it has to do with something on my system. I know after a while after installing/uninstalling files, things get kind of messed up. I usually wipe my boot drive about once a year or so whenever my computer overall becomes slower. Of course I back up my User profile.

See people have the same Isue ! It started after last upgrade!

Yes' date=' I have noticed it as well.[/quote']

Whenever I start getting this issue, most of the time it has to do with something on my system. I know after a while after installing/uninstalling files, things get kind of messed up. I usually wipe my boot drive about once a year or so whenever my computer overall becomes slower. Of course I back up my User profile.

I didn't go so far as to wipe my boot drive (...at this time), but I did uninstall uTorrent, perform some basic maintenance/optimization, rebooted, reinstalled uTorrent 3.3 build 29544, and now it's working fine again.

I agree that after installing/uninstalling/upgrading so many files, things do indeed get kind of messed up. I've also noticed that often when there's a problem, stepping away for a moment, and going back to the basics, can often be a big help.

Archived