Multiple issues with Utorrent 3.3

levannah

After I upgraded I started to get multiple problems.

- 100% disk overloaded. This occasionally happened before but now when this happens uTorrent gets "stuck" and remains like that and I have to restart. It also happens at much lower speeds. Normally It happens when I get speeds like 7-8MB but since upgrading it can happen at as little as 1129kB. I have multiple hard drives, Usually I use 7200rpm ones for downloading but I also have a solid state one and tried using that but it still happened. I usually have the disk cache set to 256mb. I doubled it but the problem remained.

- The speed drops virtually nothing for no reason [no disk overloaded warning]. Turning off my modem and router did nothing - only restarting utorrent works. My upload speed is often well below the maximum even when it is working.

- Added files get stuck on "downloading metadata." This occasionally happened with version 2.x, but I thought this issue had been fixed in 3.2.

- When exiting it takes forever. I have to terminate it using task manager.

I have had to revert to version 3.2 [27568] for now as restarting every 30 minutes is annoying. I have tried reinstalling 3.3 but the problems recurred.

ISP: Virgin Media 100mb

Version: Utorrent 3.3 stable [sorry I forgot to write down version before downgrading]

I haven't installed any other software since upgrading but I'm using AVG antivirus and Windows firewall.

- Added files get stuck on "downloading metadata." This occasionally happened with version 2.x, but I thought this issue had been fixed in 3.2.

I can second that one with 3.3 build 29591

Doesn't happen on all files but on random ones (magnet links).

If there are no connectable peers for that torrent, the client WILL NOT get any metadata.

I figured that was obvious, but it seems I should have mentioned it: Yes, there were lots of possible sources and peers for the torrents in question when that message appeared (utorrent displayed them like with any other working torrent) and it didn't go on downloading even after a long time. Stopping and restarting the torrent itself didn't help, but closing utorrent completely and restarting it did in some cases. Never happened with the 3.2 stable version I was using before, but I sadly can't say which build that was exactly.

the 'numbers' that trackers report

Are you talking about peer numbers on tracker websites or numbers reported inside utorrent? Because the numbers that utorrent itself reported didn't change (much) to once I restarted utorrent and everything actually worked, so I assumed that they were actual connectable peers.

The numbers in uTorrent.

Trackers report client IDs that have announced or requested that particular hash ID, these client IDs are cached, they may be months old and could be the same client using random IDs counted several times.

Archived