Disk overloaded 100% with 29544

zyzko

Hi,

After upgrading to 3.3 build 29544 "disk overloaded 100%" has stuck once again as a constant show-stopper. Windows Resource Monitor shows that there are no actual disk writes or reads going on, and the only way to stop uTorrent is to kill the process (and after that of course a re-check ensues, and download hopefully resumes).

This appeared after the 3.3 upgrade, before that everything worked fine (on network drives the wait to start a torrent was bigger, but it was ok, now it just stucks at 100% overload randomly even when the torrent is 90% through and allocation of disk space should not slow things down + the interface freezes at random times...).

This is a problem they haven't even acknowledged yet. It's really frustrating, it happens even when it's only ONE FILE, downloading at only less than 1 MB/sec. Eventually they'll realize it's not "People torrenting tons of illegal stuff" it's a problem on their end. Till then I hope to see many people complain about it.

Then WHY am I not affected????

And I am running EXACTLY the same builds as you can.

Are you also running on the exact same OS? With the exact same HD/SDD? Downloading the exact same files? Running the exact same # of DL/seeding jobs? Having the exact same internet connection rates? With the same CPU horsepower ?

Environment is an important factor, you know... :P

I know that, it's the rest of them that thinks it is a "one size fits all" scenario.

The point I was making is; if I can make it work correctly by tweaking the settings to suit; ....

... so can anybody else. To mix a couple of metaphors/adages "A bad workman always blames the tools while a craftsman works with what he has available"

Sure there are 'issues' with ver3, especially after the I/O routines were reworked, but if you are aware of them, you CAN avoid the situations that exacerbate those problems, I mean, for deity's sake it's not brain surgery and you are not in charge of a nuclear reactor, NOTHING is going to go Kaboom!! if you change the wrong thing.

Upgrading to build 29625 has solved this problem for me. Apparently there has been some modifications done to this although they are not visible in Changelog.

Now though there is a new (less serious) problem of the UI freezing when torrents finish, the application cannot be brought to front (Windows (8, 64bit) reports it as non-responding) - but this has so far resolved itself by waiting...

Getting this on build 29625. Seems to happen as soon as I try to move a torrent using the Advanced/Set Download Location option. Disk overloaded 100 %, even though no disk access is happening. Try to quit and it just sits there using CPU (but no heavy disk access) until I kill it.

The torrent I try to move isn't moved either.

Ok, I should not have posted to the forum because right after that it happened to me on 29625 as well...

Exactly, don't ever post here again... :P

How about trying with 3.3.1 beta, my settings, and run-as-admin?

• 3 weeks later...

Win 8 x64

uTorrent 3.3 29625

I'm seeding 140 torrents

this started happening after i queued up a bunch of big hd torrents (276gb total)

always happens soon after startup while checking the files.

I'm gonna try stopping the other downloads and leaving only one on for the night, will update

• 1 month later...

I tried all versions from 2.0.4 to 3.4. I tried 2.0.4, 2.2.1, 3.0, 3.1, 3.3, 3.3.1, 3.3.2, 3.4. I get this error even on the ones that used to work fine. I reinstalled my windows, I made sure there's no compatibility issue. Only way I was able to run utorrent half-decent was to cap my download at 3 mb/s. If I don't do that my speed quickly jumps to about 11 mb/s and then the disk overload 100% error appears and also my memory usage on utorrent alone goes to like 1.3 GB.

Try to look into this.

1.Get the latest 3.3.1 b29963

1a. Test for open port (@setup-guide)

2. Try run-as-admin

3. Try using my settings (modify the upload cap & pathes)

4. use slackware for testing

Report back after you've done all that ...

nope. I have the following PC Specs:

Procesor: Intel Pentium E5400 Dual-Core @ 2.7 GHz

RAM: 4 GB DDR2 800 MHz

HDD: 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA

Placa video: Sparkle GeForce GT240 1024 MB DDR2

Placa de baza: Biostar G41-M7 ver: 6.4

Sursa: 450W

Can't find Nvidia Forceware network access manager on my PC:

3d0e3f6d3a.jpg

@rafi: yes even #3. I tried everything you guys suggested in every thread about this error.

Rafi can you be kind enough to post some pictures of your settings? I replaced my settings with yours but nothing happened. Thank you!

Archived