uTorrent not seeding after restart [Solved]

Fhajad

For some reason all my torrents are status "Finished" and no longer seeding. I even started a new torrent and it will only do about 50 kB/s tops despite being set to 1000KB/s. The only thing I really did was restart my PC for updates and bam, no longer can upload.

I really like to seed and need to get that back up and going. I've transfer ed 2TB this month alone.

For some reason all my torrents are status "Finished" and no longer seeding.

If they've just been stopped somehow, as that status text implies, then you should be able to restart each of them in the usual fashion.

(Right-click a list entry and then use the "Start" command in the context menu that pops up.)

If you already tried that, please describe what you saw (any 'greyed out' commands etc), or any other info about how the attempt failed.

I even started a new torrent and it will only do about 50 kB/s tops despite being set to 1000KB/s.

Low speed can be due to many things, including speed caps of peers which you can't see.

But if it persists for your future torrents, then it must of course be dealt with at your end.

The only thing I really did was restart my PC for updates and bam, no longer can upload.

Perhaps you should doublecheck your PC firewall, in case that was updated with new default settings. That might affect uTorrent connectivity, though I don't see how that could set your torrents to "Finished" state.

Best regards: RA_dlanor

or some reason all my torrents are status "Finished" and no longer seeding.

Fix your queueing and/or seeding goal setting.

In the queueing settings, I have the minimum ratio/minimum seeding time and minimum number of available seeds is set to 0, which haven't been messed with. Max active up/down is 9 and max of active downloads is 8.

Firewall is good, even turned it off to verify and it's alright. The new torrent I downloaded is now seeding fine and has exceeded some of those in the "Finished" state. Even after a program exit and re-opening.

I have the minimum ratio/minimum seeding time ... set to 0
Which tells uTorrent to stop the job zero seconds after it reaches 100% download.

So as I said "Fix YOUR settings"

That still wouldn't explain why the newest added torrent would still be running after a total uTorrent restart. For kicks, I changed it to 99,999 and still only the newest one running.

If they've just been stopped somehow, as that status text implies, then you should be able to restart each of them in the usual fashion.

Looks like this was it, guess I missed it earlier and I guess restarting utorrent doesn't by default re-start finished torrents. A little silly but that was it. Thanks!

I have the minimum ratio/minimum seeding time ... set to 0

Which tells uTorrent to stop the job zero seconds after it reaches 100% download.

So as I said "Fix YOUR settings"

I checked and tested, having it set to 0 is default unlimited, like many other settings in utorrent. This one post you're a cunt being a dick to people. You may have been around a long while and helped a lot of people, but that gives no reason to piss on people. You also didn't even give how to fix, just "Fix it, faggot. Oh that's how you have it set? That's WRONG you idiot, FIX IT". And you were wrong! The fuck is up with that shit?

RA_dlanor, you're cool and gave a super informative post with lots of steps to figure it out (So many so I didn't read it thoroughly enough :P).

Fuck you though, ciaobaby.

Later.

Number of active torrents doesn't match the number of connected peers per torrent/global well.

9 torrents at 100 connections each will overload a 600 global connection limit, giving you a major performance hit.

And before you ask, you should be turning down either the number of torrents or the number of connected peers per torrent rather than the global connection limit. Fewer connections means fewer ways your connection can be split, making for a higher efficiency per connection.

RSS rules may be getting applied to some of these torrents in such a way as to cause the torrents to stop at your ratio limit as well.

No RSS rules like that (And I don't think even 150 of the torrents are RSS). Optimizing the connections I've never really had to bother with, as I've never had issues. May make adjustments later but for now, it works.

Best I can figure is at some point I used the icon by the clock to "Pause all" and they somehow stopped. So they never actually "Started" again. Once I did a start on all the torrents like RA_dlanor recommended, they all worked fine.

I agree my settings aren't optimal (Finding any real consensus on good settings is like finding a religion everyone agrees on). But they were not the cause for the torrents sitting at "Finished" instead of seeding. The problem is solved, and ciaobaby was wrong.

I wonder why this forum has more than it's fair share of foul mouthed morons who appear determined to prove just how badly educated they are!!!

You really wonder?

Maybe it's because you tend to talk down to people that are here asking for help and do not have the technical knowledge in some instances as yourself, therefore putting yourself on a pedestal!!!

Archived