Continue to download torrents metadata past the Add torrent screen

unforgiven_sh

When adding a torrent trough magnet link uTorrent only downloads the metadata while the Add torrent window is showing. As soon as the torrent is accepted (don't start the downloads automatically - enabled) there's no info on the torrent (size, content) until the torrent is started.

It would be more convenient if the torrents metadata is obtained regardless of the torrents state

• 2 months later...
(don't start the downloads automatically - enabled) there's no info on the torrent (size, content) until the torrent is started.

Why would you expect it to be downloading data in a stopped state?? Stopped is stopped (not downloading from peers) whether it is meta data or payload data

But you could set bt.scrape_stopped to true so the client continues to get peer counts from trackers in preparation for it being started.

• 2 weeks later...

Support this request too.

I am surprised that this request was not implemented earlier.

Currently i have to 'force start' a magnet link , manually , just to get the metadata and be able select needed files.

However, my original intention was just to add the torrent to queue. So, Then i stop it (to disable force start) and re-start it again , to queue it.

Thankyou to utorrent creators and supporters.

Archived