Automating "put computer to sleep" when all is done

mai

Hi folks,

Since my ISP provider has a free download times between 2:00AM and 8:00AM, I download the torrent files but use the utorrent's scheduler to start the download and put the computer back to sleep when all is done via the "auto shutdown" menu.

I added a scheduler using the win xp scheduler to wake the computer up at 2:00 AM and load uTorrent.exe which works fine if:

1- I don't forget to click the "Standby when everything completes" from the auto shutdown menu.

2- If I don't have anything to download for that day, the windows scheduler will wake the computer and run the uTorrent and the computer will never go to sleep even when I added another scheduler to run 15 minutes later and run shutdown.exe when the computer is idle. It seems the computer is never really ideal!

I was hoping that utorrent will have a command line option to allow me to use the auto shutdown feature in the command line, but it doesn't.

Does anyone know if I can use the "run program" in the advanced section to do this? if so, how? if there is a better way to do this, I would greatly appreciate your help on how to do this.

Archived