connecting to peers

buddahrap

hello,

i've been having this problem for about 3 days. the problem is:

my downloads all show connecting to peers, even though they are highly seeded, in the program it shows no seeds at all. BUT here's what's really bothering me, some torrents i can download at 1.2Mb/s.

So, since i can download ones and not others, i'd like some help on this subject, because it's not from the seeds (since i just download torrents with a LOT of seeds).

Plz help

but it's weird because most of the torrents i download are very popular ones that i've already downloaded before, like BSplayer, aXXo movies and such. They usually don't have any problems. And i already tried many torrent sources and many versions of the torrent. Right now i have 4 versions of the movie Mall Cop all "connecting to peers"

I am having a similar problem to this.

I find if I change my port, I get no problems.

Here is my setup:

Win 7 x64

6 GB RAM

AVG 2012

AVG PC Tune UP

MS Security Essentials

Win Firewall exceptions set

Router:

Belkin

Version Info

Firmware Version 1.00.49(Sep 15 2011 15:25:48)

Boot Version V1.06

Hardware F9J1001 v1 (01)

Serial No. 121225HB100424

tried setting up a virtual server (port forwarding) for a port, but didn't make a difference either

Was set to TCP&UDP on a port that I then set manually in uTorrent

ISP:

Exetel Australia - have assured me they do not throttle, port throttle or similar

uTorrent:

v3.2.3 (build 28705) 32 bit

I was running the latest version, but thought this might be due to upgrade, so I thought I would try a older version for a while, but same sort of issues.

Settings:

utorrent_1.png

utorrent_2.png

utorrent_3.png

Hey jsillup, I have tried with that on, and with it off, it doesn't make any difference.

I can download and upload with or without that setting on.

Just need to change the port about once every 1 hour. I read somewhere about a hack to just put uTorrent into Windows Schedule, and have it "start" every hour or so, but his also doesn't work for me :(

Just need to change the port about once every 1 hour. I read somewhere about a hack to just put uTorrent into Windows Schedule, and have it "start" every hour or so, but his also doesn't work for me

It won't, every time the client restarts the port will change and without UPnP or NAT-PMP be closed at the router.

Also shutting down the client that way WILL force all jobs to need rechecking and reconnecting before they start up again.

NOW are you going to take notice of the people who know better than you or would you prefer to continue with a non-working system??

Your choice.

i am facing the same problem. i can download some torrents but the ones that have problems are showing "connecting to peers" constantly and the availability bar is always red. i'm wondering if it's because i recently updated it to version 3.3 or if the problem is to do with my ISP.

the torrents i have been seeding all this time are working fine though.

i have enabled NAT-PMP after reading the thread but i'm still facing issues with my downloads.

help a non-techie out? :o

So I seem to have become a little stable now.

I turned NAT-PMP off (as my router doesn't support it) and left uPNP on.

I was getting some stability, so I thought I would upgrade uTorrent, and have since had a fairly stable DL speed.

I also removed the manual port forwarding from the router (checked uPNP was enabled) which it was.

Archived