Torrent with good s/l starts fast then drops at ABSURDLY LOW speed

thedaedra

Hi there everyone!

I use uTorrent since version 2.8, never had any trouble. I used to download at 1.2M/s stable on torrents with a good seeders/leechers ratio like the one I've been trying to download the last few days, and while downloading I could also keep browsing the internet fairly good. But that was until last week.

Now every torrent I download starts quite good (not so much though), like 300-400kb/s, just to drop at levels I've never seen on my connection, like 10kb/s (if I'm lucky) and also 3.5kb/s.

I tried anything that could bring me back my good ol' speed, from purging my settings to downgrading uTorrent, I even used a program to focus the connections on uTorrent and leave anything else behind.

Had no luck so far.

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, I re-upgraded to uTorrent 3.3, my settings are default, I still cannot browse the internet while downloading (I literally can't view anything on the internet until I close uTorrent) even if the speed is extremely low.

Please help!

since version 2.8

There was not such version... :P

tried anything

My settings/tips as well?... (tested with 3.3.1 beta)

Sorry man, I just meant I've been using uTorrent for a good while now, didn't think about what I was writing.

Anyway, I tried your settings, and it started off like the good old times with 1Mb/s, but soon after (like 100 seconds after) it started dropping, and now it has reached 0.25kb/s (!) stable. The only positive thing I noticed is that now I can browse the internet while downloading.

since version 2.8

tried anything

Sorry man' date=' I just meant I've been using uTorrent for a good while now, didn't think about what I was writing.

Anyway, I tried your settings, and it started off like the good old times with 1Mb/s, but soon after (like 100 seconds after) it started dropping, and now it has reached 0.25kb/s (!) stable. The only positive thing I noticed is that now I can browse the internet while downloading.[/quote']

Did you try also with this "test" torrent? http://releases.ubuntu.com/13.04/ubuntu-13.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent

And with this *29579* beta version? http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=131268

Sorry man' date=' I just meant I've been using uTorrent for a good while now, didn't think about what I was writing.

Anyway, I tried your settings, and it started off like the good old times with 1Mb/s, but soon after (like 100 seconds after) it started dropping, and now it has reached 0.25kb/s (!) stable. The only positive thing I noticed is that now I can browse the internet while downloading.[/quote']

Did you try also with this "test" torrent? http://releases.ubuntu.com/13.04/ubuntu-13.04-desktop-i386.iso.torrent

And with this *29579* beta version? http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=131268

The "test" torrent says "Former volume not mounted" and I can't start the download, while the beta with default settings is a disaster (download started but couldn't go beyond 0.5kb/s) and the beta with rafi settings went at 40kb/s max, stayed between 30 and 40 for a good five minutes, then dropped as usual to 1kb/s stable. In any case, I haven't been able to browse the internet while downloading anymore.

I want to say that my connection is perfectly fine and doesn't suffer from any kind of problem when I'm not using uTorrent (also works perfectly even while using it, when I'm on devices like iPhone and stuff), so I really can't figure out what the heck has happened.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, too bad I haven't had any luck so far.

I was able to start downloading the test torrent on uTorrent beta with rafi settings.

Started off at 500kb/s and stayed around there, and I've also been able to browse the internet while downloading. You can guess what happened shortly afterwards. Same story.

And with 3.3.1 ? (@ my sig)

I have just tried with it, and it starts fine (like 700kb/s) only to drop at 1 as usual. I have tried different torrents, everyone with a large amount of seeders and a few leechers, but stuff remains the same. Man, this is very annoying.

Archived