New torrents wont start downloading

DamienK

Hey guys, im not sure if u have this problem, but recently my utorrent is refusing to download new torrents that i add. There is no problem with seeding and uploads though. only downloads. The funny thing is that when i close and reopen utorrent, the newly added torrent will start to download. but if i were to add another torrent while the program is open, it will just sit there with a red arrow and not do anything.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

I have checked the active torrents in the preferences already. i dont think it has anything to do with that. cause when i exit utorrent and then reopen it, the torrents i added before start downloading as normal. However, when i add new torrents whilst the program is open, they wont download, they just show a red arrow.

I'd like to jump in here because I've had something similar, although I just updated to 1.5.1 beta, and all of a sudden I find peers and get going, whereas my 1.4 was doing nothing.

If saying that he has a red arrow down isn't stating the tracker status, then how is that status found?

Cardinal, the exact status is reportet in the "General tab"

Edit:

BTW. your questions is also completely answered in the FAQ. Just follow Firons link!

Edit2:

your questions below: That's because of DHT or because you have had contact to the timed out tracker once before and therefore µT is in knowledge of the peers IPs.

When using a tracker like TPB its wisely to enable DHT ;-)

So when I see "tracker status: offline (timed out)", that means that the tracker is down or just gone? I've not been able to get this file for weeks, even though supposedly there are peers that uTorrent sees.

But if that's the case, then how am I currently seeding at over 50KB/s on another file that has the same tracker status?

"The torrent itself should keep seeding/downloading as long as you got some peers". Does that mean that I keep using the IP addresses of people in the swarm, but can't find any new people until the tracker comes back up?

OK, now I have another question. Nothing starts downloading, even though it says the tracker is working, and I show thousands of seeds and peers. This is the same installation on the same computer on the same network as yesterday, when I got three files. Anyone have suggestions of what might be wrong?

Edit: Ok, I closed and opened it again, and some files started seeding, but my DL torrent connects to about 2 people out of the 10K+ people it says it sees. This is after being open for half an hour. What am I missing? I'm on a fat pipe, and have tested out at over 400KB down. Is there something that would make this work installation take way longer to connect to people than my home installation?

but my DL torrent connects to about 2 people out of the 10K+ people it says it sees. This is after being open for half an hour. What am I missing?

it could be a fake torrent thats why you SEE 10000people but CONNECT to only 2

or

it could be a legitimate torrent but you have no green light in status bar (=not connectable) and if you do have a green light, it could simply be that the others have no uploadslots free because of such a juge ammount of peers in the swarm.

Wait longer; if your setup is 100% okay (green light/resonable settings regarding max torrents,uploadslots,speed ect.) sooner or later you will get connections on a legitimate torrent.

Well, the whole school district runs through the proxy run at the district level, so I think that's effectively the firewall. It has Network Associates AV.

Closing and reopening uTorrent seems to get it running, but only sometimes. That makes no sense to me.

Archived