RSS "Not a valid feed" Error: Works in Windows

1080p

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any significant code differences between the Windows and OS X RSS features? I have a currently functioning feed on my Windows client but when I try to add the same feed to my OS X client it fails with the error:

"Not a valid feed."

My feed URL contains personally identifying information so I am unable to post it unedited for others to test but it is of the form:

https://SITE.URL/feeds.php?feed=torrents_notify_NUMBERS_NUMBERS&user=NUMBERS&auth=NUMBERS&passkey=NUMBERS&authkey=NUMBERS&name=HDTV

Site URL & identifying alphanumeric strings have been replaced.

I don't see anything useful in the log, any ideas?

Windows client: 2.2.1, Win7 x64

OS X client: 1.8.3, OS X Lion

Could you please check your php script? Does it handle requests from Mac correctly?

Thanks!

You mean checking the PHP on the site? I doubt I can do that. If the RSS works for other Mac RSS clients will that count as correctly handling Mac requests?

Could you please provide the full url because we can't check it?

Thanks!

This is not possible as the URL contains personally identifiable information and I am not interested in sharing that. Feel free to test it yourself at any Gazelle based torrent tracker as they all share roughly the same RSS format.

• 3 weeks later...

w00t! I remember thinking when I submitted this issue that the perfect type of support would be one that involves zero communication for a month despite multiple enquiries. Congratulations µTorrent team, you have surpassed my expectations!

I get better support from open source projects with one or two developers...

I've got a mini that stays connected to my TV that is my torrent machine as well as my HTPC that I view all the torrents on.

In the past I've used Vuze with no issues but I wanted to switch to uTorrent as it's a native client vs the java base that Vuze has.

The downside to this switch is that my private RSS feed from TVTorrents doesn't work in uTorrent.

The RSS feed works in feed readers, Safari, Chrome, and Vuze (on OS X & Windows 7) but on uTorrent I receive an error stating the feed is invalid.

Hopefully with a second person reporting the same issue with an RSS feed from a different site will help get a little more attention to this issue.

2JnTC0B.png

Indeed, I have experienced the same thing with other clients working fine.

So far we know that the RSS feeds from two completely different locations (completely different code bases, too):

a) works in the µTorrent client for different operating systems.

B) works with different clients for OS X.

c) has multiple reports for not working within only µTorrent for OS X.

Please, tell me again how this looks like it is an bug with anything but µTorrent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to point out that I too have this problem (µTorrent 1.8.1 (28758) - the most recent version allowed by my Gazelle-based tracker) but was able to get around it.

I just added the feed(s) via the web gui and everything now is working fine. (I'd prefer a more granular control with regards to how frequently the feeds are checked, but that's beyond the scope of this thread.)

It seems as though the web gui does not do the same checks that the primary gui does, and thus "just works."

Archived