Flushing to disk and disk overloaded 100%

MMrrTT

Hello.

Not long ago I started niticing these errors. I didn't noticed any causes or corelations, but sometimes this happens. I'm using 1800 Mb cache and everything was ok before this time. I can agree with this kind of errors if my disks were overloaded, but the system is at zero load.

AhP2Uc

What can I do to prevent this states from appearing?

Have you tried to run uTorrent as Administrator? I had a similar problem, and that was the only thing that fixed it.
Yep, that fixed a problem. It's kinda wierd that before it was ok and now I'd to run as administrator. Thank you.

Have you tried to run uTorrent as Administrator? I had a similar problem' date=' and that was the only thing that fixed it.[/quote']Yep, that fixed a problem. It's kinda wierd that before it was ok and now I'd to run as administrator. Thank you.

uTorrent is a shitty program :P (at least on Windows) I would gladly pay $20+ for a good torrent client.

It puzzles me why so many complain but never seem to bother testing any of the alternatives, of which there are several.

Yes there are alternatives. Only one is good (Transmission, which is not available on WIndows), and all the others are less then decent.

That said, I was only insulting uTorrent for Windows. (And I have all the reason to do it, it's driving me crazy!) I bet that uTorrent for Mac or Linux are much better.

(Transmission, which is not available on WIndows)

Are you sure about that!

http://bit.ly/12hQtoH

Yes, I'm pretty sure about that. It's an unsupported client, which makes it non-existent for me. I prefer dealing with the sea of bugs that uTorrent presents me at the moment. (random internet drops, video and audio playback glitches, crashes, disk overload unless I run it as administrator... the majority of which have been documented since 2007 or earlier)

Yes there are alternatives. Only one is good (Transmission, which is not available on WIndows), and all the others are less then decent.

"Good" being a subjective view of course, and can depend on whether you want a client with a "pretty looking" GUI or not.

Personally I prefer one that does what it is supposed to and has less "bells and whistles", and have been "test driving" one such client for several months, both on Windows and on Linux (Mint 14 and Centos 6.n).

uTorrent and BitTorrent after v6 are more for 'casual' users, people who just want to download 'stuff', try to pretend they are not stealing copyright material and have a "pretty looking" GUI to play with, because they don't really know how MS Windows works anyway.

This seems to be a common problem for anyone upgrading to 3.3; it's certainly one I never saw before upgrading. I've gone through other forums and haven't seen different solutions.

I've tried the suggestions here (limiting the cache size, running as administrator) and I still come home from work to see that a download is "flushing to disc". I've seen no pattern to the errors; sometimes it will happen with the first download or it wont happen for days (several torrents) later.

I'm adding downloads via uTorrent Remote while I'm at work (never been an issue before). The downloads are default saving to an external hard drive (never been an issue); this external is never disconnected from my machine. It get's synchronized to another drive I connect to my TV. I've tried swapping the drives' letters while uTorrent is off and I see the same inconsistent successes and errors.

Any other suggestions?

For the record: Downloading torrents isn't just for pirates. I'm a big fan of torrent media from Vodo, ClearBits, and TED. Vodo is how I learned about The Tunnel, Zenith, and The Yes Men. If it weren't for work big-brother style observing my internet traffic, I'd just use Miro as my torrent client for being that pretty, simple interface I want.

https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=135596&p=2

To solve the problem either you have to enable sparse files OR you have to use rafi's settings in combination to running uTorrent as administrator. According to my tests you don't need to use rafi's settings if you enable sparse files.

My suggestions is to run uTorrent as administrator and use Rafi's settings, sparse files can be messy. :)

Archived