Is there a warn for duplicate .torrent files ?

Gikk

Hi,

from time to time a delete some torrents from the seeding queue. I use the "delete torrent" menu' option. The torrent is then moved to the "archived" directory.

If I add again the same torrent bacause of my mistake I have no warning from uTorrent. Is there a way to avoid this scenario and have a warning the .torrent already exists ?

Regards,

GiKK

If you have removed it from uTorrent how is it going to 'know'?

IMHO it should warn it exists in the archived directory.

If I am wrong, how could I remove a torrent from the list and have a warning if I try to download it again ?

GiKK

If the EXACT same directory and files exists in the locations that uTorrent uses for active downloads or completed jobs (Preferences -> Directories) a warning dialog will be shown asking if you want to overwrite the files or not.

But if you have 'archived' the download how can it 'know' where to find the files??

If the EXACT same directory and files exists in the locations that uTorrent uses for active downloads or completed jobs (Preferences -> Directories) a warning dialog will be shown asking if you want to overwrite the files or not.

But if you have 'archived' the download how can it 'know' where to find the files??

The "archived .torrent" directory is where uTorrent stores .torrent files once you add them. It also exists a directory to move completed ".torrent" files but I don't I use it.

As soon I add an existing ".torrent" file uTorrent creates a "mytorrent.1.torrent" in the downloaded directory.

What I need is a way to warn the user that -"mytorrent.torrent" already exists, do you want to add it always ?-

GiKK

Ok, nice to finally know you were asking about the meta data files (.torrent) NOT the actual data then

There is no bittorrent client that will "warn" that a meta file already exists, that I know of anyway. All clients I have ever used or tested simply load the trackers from the meta data and store the file so it can refer to it as and when required. uTorrent will show a dialogue of

dlg-torrent-exists.png

IF the job is in the job list.

But if it has been removed from the list it will simply rename the metafile and add the job to the list.

I am happy we are finally talking of the same topic ;-)

uTorrent is aware that the ".torrent" metadata file already exists as it renames the new .torrent using this information.

I think that I could write in the "feature request" forum and hope developers will accept my request.

Regards,

GiKK

Archived