uTorrent 3.3 not downloading anything?

jobee

Windows 7 64-bit

Comcast XFINITY Internet

Torrent sources: kat.ph / piratebay

AVG Anti-Virus Free

Windows Firewall (Currently on for Private & Public networks/uTorrent allowed)

I've had this issue for a while, even with the couple previous uTorrent versions. Every time I try to download something, it just doesn't do anything. It doesn't connect to peers, DHT never logs in (I honestly don't even know what that is), and it's reaally frustrating.

Here's an example of a TV show episode I'm trying to download from kat.ph. Before, it would start downloading in less than a minute, and the download speed would go up really quickly. &What confuses me the most is that this torrent has a lot of seeds, so shouldn't that help in downloading?

168j5ag.png

I'm a little bit of a noob when it comes to this, so if you can post screenshots of your settings if you have the same internet/OS then that would be really helpful. Thank you!

I followed all the instructions on the link you provided, but there's still no change.

The green circle came up, but when I added a torrent to download, the amber triangle came up again. &I manually forwarded the port already. It still shows: "DHT: Waiting to log in", "Connecting to peers", and basically no change in anything.

I've been using uTorrent for a year and now I've moved to another place. My internet connection have also changed and since I had some security issues with my computer so I had to reformat it. A couple of weeks ago I installed uTorrent again (version 3.3) but it has not work since then.

I noticed the "no incoming connections" sign and made the connection test. It gave me an error in the bandwidth: "Timed out. (10060)".

I'm quite desperated about solving this problem.

I'm pretty sure I forwarded the port.. :/ Is there a way to check and make sure?

&I searched online and it says Comcast doesn't block P2P traffic, so I guess it does have something to do with the router.

I've tried to do the Glasnost test 3 times, but it doesn't give results. It just stays at "Processing data". Is there another link for the glasnost test?

Hey jobee,

I've been having similar problems as to what you've outlined and no one seems to be taking on my post. Right now, when I click on Setup Guide, I get green checks for both Bandwidth and Port. Sometimes I only get it for Port. Sometimes I see the green icon on the bottom right; other times, the amber alert is there. I also tried the Glasnost test and didn't get any results. I also downloaded the Open Port Checked from portforward.com but it tells me my ports aren't open. I don't know if I can even "forward my port" since I don't have a router (connected via ethernet). Have you been able to solve your problem?

Nope, still the same :/

I know the problem has something to do with the router and the ports, but I'm not too technical so I don't really know how to fix it. I might end up doing something completely wrong and unfixable or something, LOL.

But yeah, the uTorrent Setup Guide says my network is connected, however.. it's still not downloading. &Then I checked other sources, and apparently the port isn't open. But I'm pretty sure I already tried to manually forward it through my router settings. Sooo, I don't know... I'm really stuck. LOL

• 1 month later...

Yes thinks its your comcast router, had same issue. log into router via web browser. address 10.0.0.1>>if you never set your password n user name its user name admin password password

Then go to Firewall>> set to minimum... see if this fixes it. it fixed mine after 4 days on we , uninstalling, reg edits, and file deletions. Works great now DHT=369 nodes.

Hate the Comcast changing things..

Archived