Force add create folder

bennysce

I have a script that unpacks torrents onto a network drive when they're done. The problem is: when torrents don't have a folder the script on Run Program tries to unpack EVERYTHING in the download destination. Is there a way to force a folder around the downloaded file or is there a better solution I haven't thought of?

I noticed the option "create folder" if I made utorrent ask me for location every time but I'd like this to be automatic so utorrent makes sure no files are downloaded to the download root but are put into folders without me confirming it for every download.

Well it's not really a script, sorry for the confusion. I'm passing it to 7-zip.

D:\Program\7-Zip\7z.exe x -y %D -oZ:

This extracts a download to Z:

This runs on everything since it's in the Run Program section of uTorrent. The problem occurs when the torrent isn't packed but say just a mkv-file. It will try to unpack it but since its not packed it tries to extract the entire download folder.

see my sample script in my tips,

in 3.4 you'll be able to use labels as well, maybe as destination folder too. ask the devs...

Code your script to add a parent folder if one is not passed in the parameters.

And never be able to seed it ? No sir :(

ciaobaby, like I said, the problem is when the torrent downloaded is NOT a rar-archive but a plain file and the "Run Program" line runs anyway.

So NOT quite what it says in your first post then!

Which IS of course is the one I was replying to originally.

Actually it is what I meant with what I wrote but reading the first post again I admit it wasn't clear enough.

rafi: I checked your script and from what I understand it does the same thing as mine only with winrar instead of 7-zip?

The question remains though! Can you force utorrent to create a new folder for each download IF it doesn't contain one itself so single unpacked files isn't downloaded directoly to the download folder. Hope my intention was a bit clearer now.

rafi: I checked your script and from what I understand it does the same thing as mine only with winrar instead of 7-zip?

No, It also checks and runs mostly on archives "types" files.

Yep

The question related to unattended downloads...

Archived