multitasking the torrent checks on startup

roberto.tomas

Shut uTorrent down cleanly and it will not need to run rechecking at startup.

This is not true. I shut it down cleanly every time.

However, I just went to check. Since version 3.3 apparently, it now does not correctly show the systray icon after it has shut down, and stays running in the background. I guess this is a bug in addition to a feature request.

Well that is just poor design.

No it's necessity. You cannot simply abandon a process that may be writing data fom cache to disc and expect it not to corrupt the data already on the disc, or would you prefer that the WHOLE of the data that is already downloaded, was deleted and the download start from scratch again?

No it's necessity. You cannot simply abandon a process that may be writing data fom cache to disc and expect it not to corrupt the data already on the disc, or would you prefer that the WHOLE of the data that is already downloaded, was deleted and the download start from scratch again?

Actually it should alert me in some way to the fact that it is still shutting down, instead of pretending to shut down, giving all visual clues that it has in fact shut down, but secretly, in some process hidden from everything by the Task Manager, it is still grinding away...

:)

Archived