Write cache not flushing

DarkPallys

First of, I am running the latest build 3.3.0.29625.

So since the last 2 builds I have been having these problems where my torrents either will get stuck somewhere in between 0% and 1% trying to "Allocate", while most of the time saying disk overloaded.

At first a work around seemed to be increasing the disk cache, which sort of did the job, sort of...

So here's a torrent that has been sitting there for quite a few hours while I was away trying to allocate the files. Note that the cache isn't full, it just allocated the entire damn thing to the cache and now it's just stuck :(

If I attempt to close uTorrent, it doesn't fully close, well at least not for a while anyway..

Any suggestions?

utorrenterror.png

It's still doing it on the beta :( Just then, it downloaded the torrent (~1gb) to the cache, and it's just stuck there, with 0% actually written to the file. All 648 2mb pieces of the download are still there, floating, waiting to be written to the hdd.

Protip from a fellow programmer: Enable some sort of logging! :D

Protip from a fellow programmer: Enable some sort of logging! :D

There already is.

Oh brilliant! :D I did think it was rather odd that it had no log, especially for a beta/rc release..

On that note, I don't see any option on the logger regarding the cache or it failing to write to the hdd, etc.. unless it falls under misc errors, anyway, I've enabled that.. we'll see how this goes!

• 2 weeks later...

And now for something even more interesting.... the read cache is also overloaded and not clearing..

I've only just noticed this, the torrent finished downloading and it was properly saved to the disk, but the disk cache just isn't getting flushed.

96097865.png

Note though, I had "Remove old blocks from cache" unchecked .. and when I checked it again, it cleared the read cache :/

Soooo, I am not sure if this is how it's supposed to work or what..

Archived