Recommendation for forum for basic questions about clients and VPN

dedlock

I recently posted a "newbie" question in the troubleshooting Mac forum here, and have received no answers in several weeks. I have the impression that, increasingly, forums are populated by sophisticated users who can't be bothered to answer basic questions for people who don't know their way around yet. Can anybody recommend a web site and attached forum where rookie questions can be asked and answered about bit torrent clients and proxy settings and VPNs.

I personally use, and like, uTorrent, but I suspect that many of my questions are not specific to uTorrent.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

dedlock

I'm brand new here and might not be able to help but I'll give it a try...

Can you link to your post you're talking about or can you maybe give me some details about your questions so I can maybe try to help you get some answers?

Thanks for your reply. As I indicated I have recently started using a proxy server (BTGuard) with my bit torrent client. It seems quite a different experience from using a bit torrent client without a proxy server.

One of the main differences is that some torrents that clearly have lots of seeds refuse to start downloading or start the torrent process. The bit torrent client shows them to have lots of seeds and leechers but nothing happens. Sometimes, after a few days of nothing happening the torrent process will start, but there seems to be no rhyme or reason to this.

I have tried using 3 different bit torrent clients, including uTorrent, but the experience is always the same.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

MOS

I did a bit of searching and reading on BTGuard... There are more and more posts and reviews as time goes on about their service having really poor performance. The consensus seems to be that the available servers are over subscribed and their customer service is non-existent. I obviously can't tell you for sure but my feeling is that you're not dealing with configuration problems... you're dealing with service problems. What's your thoughts?

Archived