uTorrent opens automatically when Windows restarts on its own

r45320798

Hello,

tl;dr Is there a way to stop uTorrent from re-opening when Windows restarts on its own?

I'm using Windows 7 with uTorrent 3.3. The problem I have is mainly with Windows updates. When uTorrent is running and I'm away from my computer, the updates restart my computer without my permission. And since uTorrent was open during the restart, it re-opens when Windows reboots. Is there a way to stop uTorrent from re-opening when Windows restarts on its own?

I found this which prevents Windows from forcing the restarts, but I'd rather not mess with my registry or new programs. If you guys could help me with uTorrent itself then that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

Why does it matter if it restarts when your computer does o.O?

Anyway just press CTRL + P, click the General tab, and untick start uTorrent when Windows starts

Short answer: Because I don't want programs running when I'm not at the computer to control them.

Long answer: I am using a VPN. For some reason when Windows restarts on its own, my VPN doesn't connect while uTorrent automatically runs and connects to its torrents, which makes my VPN service worthless if my ISP can monitor my activities anyways.

Unless you're referring to a different setting, that is not the answer I was looking for, but I appreciate the response.

Archived